Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Relationship between Lymph Nodes

One of the first things I noticed (back in April) was an enlarged lymphnode in my lower area, just above the public bone on the left side. I noticed this before learning about being pregnant. 1 1/2 months before now being told I need to be evaluated for OC.

My GYN said not to be concerned since at the time I had just gotten over an Upper Respiratory Infection. Other than a few days in between, it has remained. Strangely, I noticed this many months ago and thought I imagined it when I wnet to look in the mirror and no longer saw it. There is no mistake now, it is there.

It is prominant enough to be seen without having to really look for it. Nothing noted in regard to this during the (seven in the last month) US's...

It is still enlarged. Most of the time it does not hurt and I don't know it is there other than seeing it...but once in a while it is little tender.

I have also seen and felt a bulge above that, same side higher on the abdomen-that seems to shrink or vanish with movement.

I also pointed this out to ER Dr and was told it was "probably" due to fluid from the ruptured cyst.

"Probably" has been used too often lately without confirmations

My questions:
-Would it have been enlarged due to Upper Respiratory Infection or maybe just a coincidence in timing?

-If so, would it still be enlarged all this time if that was the cause?

-What is the interchange between the lymph nodes and ovaries?

-Do lymph nodes become significantly enlarged from cysts/ masses or OC in general?

-Do Lyph Nodes get enlarged during process of pregnancy?

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No...no...none...no....and no.....those are the answers I would give to your questions...I would definately want to know what is going on with that lymph node if I were in your shoes....why don't they remove the node and biopsy it?  You would get your answers that way! I had one removed once and it was a piece of cake! Just a local anesthetic and bingo...it was out and I had a few stitches....nothing to it....maybe request that?
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Your answers are what I thought as well, but nothing to substantiate my take on things.

I don't understand why doctors are so casual about things. I understand they don't want to jumpy immediately and act with haste, but it seems to go from one extreme to another and it is frustrating, especially trying to get information and having to resort to the net-which makes it worse!

My mother died from Lymphoma, would bring more concern?

I have appointment early tomorrow morning but it is scheduled due to other issues of cysts and evaluation for OC. I have so many symptoms that could easily be something else, but too many that are also ones that are typical of OC. Not one symptom I have can be ruled out as an OC symptom, so with the lymph node issue, thought someone here might have had some similar experience.

Thanks for your response
Helpful - 0
Please talk to your doctor tomorrow about doing a biopsy on the Lymp node.  Your mother dying from Lymphoma is very significant.  My cousin found a enlarged lymp node last week and had a CT-scan done the next day.  It did show something so they are doing a biopsy this week.  Please do not mess around with this.  This is not only your life, but the life of your baby at stake also.  How far along are you?  Please let us know how you appointment goes tomorrow.  Prayers are with you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.