Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What do you think?

After seeing some of the things a few of you folks have done when you were having surgery I have been trying to get up the nerve to try one of my own.  I like the pumpkin face painted on your tummy.I have google eyes from some crafts I did.I thought about sticking two on my tummy saying I'll
be keeping an eye on you"  I don't really think I'll have the nerve since this is a whole new group of people I am dealing with.  If it was in the hospital that I worked at I would not hesitate.  They did things like- when a staff members husband{ or  male staff including docs) they would wake up with a big red bow on there "private part"  I don't want to use the anatomical anatomy because it sounds funnier this way.  I think every one of them laughed.  That was the fun of working in a small hospital in a small town.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the feed back.  It always is nice to have some chuckles.  I'll take the eyes with me and see how brave I feel just before surgery.
You all might like this one.  When I was first dealing with maybe having to have a liver transplant my son and I were talking about the recovery period.  I told him that I would have a breating tube in for the first few days post-op and would be in intensive care at this time.  Know that my son is 21 and use to having a health care worker in the house.  Between us we decided, if I could remember at the time, that when they took the tube out and stopped the sedation they would probably ask who I am and where I am.  He suggested I say, while touching my head if I could,"Ya, I'm Ann Boyln.  How the heck did you put my head back on?"  It gave us a few laughs and still does when we think about.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
If I recall correctly, there was a lady who posted here a while back.  She said she had gone in for a vag. hyster.  Her drs. thanked her for being so funny after surgery, but she did not know why.  Turns out she had used a washcloth that her daughter had used to remove some glitter.  Made quite an impression on the or staff!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
They might not like it because of risk of infection though...
Helpful - 0
When our friend was in having her baby during this years Pittsburgh Steeler game, we put Steeler pins all over her belly and decorated her room back and gold.
Helpful - 0
I think that would be so funny to do.  I wish I would have thought about doing that when I had my surgery.  If I ever have to have another one, I am going to do something like that.  Just remember that a little humor goes a long way (it could make somebodys day!).  I say you should go for it.  Your hospital sounds like a fun place to work.  GO FOR IT!!  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.