Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Complex cystic and solid mass

Hi, My name is Mariah and I am new to this site and forums in general. I live in Queensland Australia and am 38 and would appreciate any feedback to my problem. Seven years ago I had a hysterectomy and cervix removal due to endometriosis. Two years ago I had my right ovary and a fallopian tube removed due to a cystic mass. My tumour markers were elevated, but I did not have cancer. Moving on, I have now being diagnosed with a complex cystic and solid mass within the left adnexa which is probably of ovarian origin and a large volume of free fluid present within the pelvic cavity which is probably blood. The solid component is 38mm in maximal diameter with multiple thin walled sonolucent adjacent components. My markers are normal.I am scheduled for surgery within the next few weeks and am a little scared. They will do a midline laparotomy again, along with an oestregen implant in my tummy. The thing that is scaring me most is symptoms I didn't have before. My lymph nodes in my groin are swollen, am short of breath, extremely tired, terrible pain in my stomach, back and left side, acid reflux and a searing pain in my clavicle. I have a partner and friends here, but they dont want to discuss my feelings or fears because they say its morbid, so I am going through a silent hell by myself whilst I wait for surgery. I have no family in this country. I just need to communicate with someone who has been through a similar experience. I'm worried about what the surgeons will find. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, with kindest regards
Mariah x
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would like to say a thank you to all the wondeful ladies who responded to my problem. To Linda F, thank you for your reassurance. I wish you all the best for your forthcoming surgery, i'll be thinking about you. I am on a category one list which means I have to have my booking date/treatment within 30 days, so I am expecting my letter this week because my deadline runs out next Tuesday, which means my surgery could be as soon as next week, but definitely anytime during the next few weeks. I am going through the public system this time, because I had bad experiences from the two private hospitals we have in my town.I feel a little better about things now thanks to you guys. I wasn't sure how to post an answer, so I hope this gets through. To Anna-Maria74, also thank you for responding and hope you are keeping well and to "In the same boat, I also have a dragging sensation in my pelvic area when I get up, but i'm not sure what it could be and I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for welcoming me to this site and I hope I can help somebody too when they need help. I'll keep you posted, please take care,
Mariah x
Helpful - 0
It was mentioned that acid refulx & heartburn & acid are part of cystic symptoms. Is it caused from this? I have been having this weird 'stomach acid" problem for 6 months & gastro dr could not find cause. Then of course, the gyne found this solid mass on my ovary that is now being looked into. Did anyone else experience this? Also get these acid/stomach symptoms when I bend or lift along with a 'pulling sensation" on my lower abdomen. I mentioned this to the dr & he said cancer symptoms are usually the bloating, etc instead. If it is from the cyst, why would a cyst cause these symptoms?
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
I second what Linda says and also the hearburn acid, indegestion pain in the side are all symptoms of the cyst itself.

I think people read the symtoms of Overian Cancer and the trouble is it does not always specify that its not malignancy that causes them per ce it is the behaviour of the cyst.

Anna x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.