Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Possible ORS

Well, I went to see the General Surgeon today and talked to him a little about my ER visit on Sunday (I have a severe bladder infection).  He also stated that my gallbladder is functioning at 31% and abnormal is 30 and under.  He said that he thinks it is possible that I have ORS and he wants me to see my gyn.  Good thing I have an appointment with her tomorrow to talk about starting bioidentical hormones.  My symptoms are severe back pain (Just like back labor)that raidiates to the front of my stomach.  Mostly on the left side.  Any body have any similar experiences?  Kasie
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi kasie, i hope you start to get some pain relief soon, i will keep praying for your cousin, and my thoughts are with you both x
Helpful - 0
Kaz, thanks for your thoughts.  The pain is awful and I am so sick and tired of hruting.  My gyn said today that she did think that I have ORS.  I have not been on the hormone patch for 2 weeks so she did a hormone level blood test today.  She is still not convinced that is what is causing all of my pain, so she has set up a MRI for the 26th of June.  She thinks that it is a hurniated disk.  I, on the other hand, think it may be a cyst because it is the exact pain I had when I had all of my cysts.  Thanks for asking about my cousin.  She is doing well so far.  We found out that she does indeed have Hodgskins Disease.  She goes to see the oncologist tomorrow and find out what stage she is in.  Hopefully she will be able to start chemo tomorrow.  Please keep praying for her.  

Raynbow, thank you for sharing your story with me.  I hope to find out tomorrow if I do have estrogen in my system.  If I do then she said that it is definate that I have some remanamt of an ovary left.  I think I am having a hard time convincing her that this could be causing the pain as she has never heard of this before.  I had to explain to her what it was and tell her that the general surgeon thought this could be going on.  Please keep me informed on how your US goes.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.  Kasie

Helpful - 0
Hi there, I too may have ORS, I had my first u/s in January and follow up in Feb. showed cyst grow inside right ovary...I had right ovary and tube removed on Mar. 24. Cyst pathology was mucinous cystadenoma. I had 5-6 good weeks and started hurting on right side again. Had u/s last month that showed 4cm cyst associated with the left ovary and a 6mm tubular structure on the right side where my ovary and tube used to be. The doc has no idea what it is and it is tiny (so far). My follow up u/s is on the 30th of this month and hopefully we'll know more by July4th and I'll be able to share with you. In the meantime, take care!
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
hi i forgot to ask how your cousin is doing?
Helpful - 0
hi kasie, sorry to hear your in a lot of pain, hope you get it sorted very quick, hugs to you x
Helpful - 0
Yes, I did have my gallbladder tested last week and it is boarderline on being abnormal (abnormal is 30 and under and mine was 31).  The doctor said that since my back pain is lower and not in the middle around my ribcage, he does not think it is my gallbladder.  I have had both of my ovaries out, but they were both attached to other organs and scar tissue.  I am going to see my gyn tomorrow.  I hope you get feeling better soon.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Hey Pam, I was wondering what brought your doctors to think that you have ORS?  When they took out my ovaries, my left one was attached to my colon, bladder and bowels, and my right one was attached to my bladder and bowels.  I also have quite a bit of scar tissue.  I have not has an ultrasound done since my surgery, but I am going to request one.  I am in lots of pain.  Back pain (Like active labor) that goes over my hip and around to my stomach.  Is this how you felt?  Thanks for answering all of my questions.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Kassie-I found your symptoms very similar to mine.  I went to the ER with severe back pain similar to back labor or to a severe UTI.  The pains slowly radiated around to the front on my right side after about 6 hours and then faded away.  The ER ordered a CAT scan as they thought I had a kidney stone but could not find evidence of one.  They then said I had a right ruptured ovarian cyst due to trace amounts of fluid in that area and they also saw a cyst on my left ovary that was about 3 cm. However, when I followed up with my Gyn. she felf the fluid was just normal fluid that was probably from an egg/follicle that was ovulated off. Did your dr. think the symptoms could be related to gallbladder at all??  I' know I've read other posts that talk about the back pain but I was never sure were where on the back their pain was. I've been still following up on all this since April and am starting to get a little crazy with it.  My last VUS showed the cyst on the left ovary is now either 2 cysts together or possibly one complex cyst with a septation-together they now measure 5 cm.  I'm anxious to go for my f/u VUS in 2 weeks as I'm planning to have it removed if it's still there, which it probably will be.
Helpful - 0
Well--I guess that is out for me--I still have my ovaries and uterus both.  I have had my appendix out, had a large polyp removed last year in March, and had two surgeries for a fistula repair 18 years ago (with a period of burning in between--they actually burnt the fistula to make it raw and hope that the ends would touch, reconnect, and do a natural healing--but it didn't work.

Thanks for explaining for me.  Hope everything turns out with only good news for you.
Helpful - 0
What is ORS?  I have similar symptoms.  I was supposed to have a colonoscopy tomorrow, but the Dr cancelled it until he sees me in his office first next week.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.