Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

PamNYC

Ok, I was reading posts on the other site and I could not believe what I read from the mediator or whatever they are called (I pasted her comment below). I just sat shaking my head that they would actually say this, if I was new to this site it would make me afraid to see a gyn/oncol. I didn't read anywhere in your post that you were trying to send people to the ovarian cancer site. It really is a shame that they are so mean (mean was the only thing I could think of nicely); if I was searching the site for hyster info I would be put off by there comando attitude. Anyhoo I just had to post (I thought your replies were great).

"I disagree about recommending a gynecologist oncologist for benign conditions. They are frequently more aggressive than gynecologists who do not specialize in oncology y and they tend to see cancer in everything.

If the primary reason for your posts on the Hysterectomy Forum is to redirect women to an ovarian cancer "board" please state that as your purpose. Whether you intend it or not you are planting the ovarian cancer possibility seed which most people find alarming. "
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
At the bottom of the board you can click on med help international then click on hysterectomy and it will take you to the site.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Read the post over there called  "Having Hyst., leaving one ovary, where does it get attached?"
It is tragic what gets said over there as "truth".   The  "After Serous Cystadenoma and Hysterectomy" is quite fascinating as well.
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
What scare-mongering site are you guys talking about? You always get one dont you.

Anna x

I dont mean to be glib but I had to have a bit of a chuckle at mediater :)
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I read that the other day, and the thought that crosses my mind is how do you know it's benign until you have the blasted surgery???  I don't get it.  I am sorry she had such a rough time with her own surgery, but that doesn't mean every one of us "castrated" (her insulting take on it) folks are going through/will go through the same thing.  What would I have done if I'd had a regular surgeon with no experience pulling out the huge mass that came out of me?  I had stage IIIC.  It had spread to my colon, and my gyn/onc even came out of the OR mid-surgery and told my family I would probably have a colostomy.  But, by the grace of God, and my surgeon's talents, he was able to ressect it, and now, I don't even know the difference.  There is no doubt in my mind had a regular general surgeon done my surgery, I'd be wearing a bag today.  No, that isn't the end of the world, and I would have adapted, but it certainly wouldn't have been the positive outcome I got.  

Okay, pot calling the kettle black...I know.  I just had to get that out!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.