Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

NIGHT SWEATS, SLIGHT SPOTTING, LOWER BACK ACHE

I have been having night sweats during my periods for the last couple of months. (i am 38yrs and dont take the pill)  last month i had a bit of light spotting (oldish blood) about 5 days after my period. 2 yrs ago had an ultrasound on ovaries which was normal, had normal pap smears every year also.  i have just developed lower back pain. Dr says muscle strain as it is relieved with heat, and .  had pelvic exam yesterday and dr says all ok.
My  dr claims hormone problems, actually she said likely to be low eastrogen levels at times during cycle.. My period is also odd,  has been for ages since birth of my 3rd child 8 yrs ago,
it is fairly regular, but i have couple days of spotting followed by 2days fairly heavy bleeding with small clotting, followed by 2days light again.
i have had a hormone test 3 yrs ago, which was within normal limits, and hystoscopy 6 yrs ago ( think thats how its spelt) with no abnormalities.

i am always thinking the worst, and worry myself sick. next month am going to have hormone blood testing along with thyroid and iron, but dr hasnt sent me for ultrasound.  any advice.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your comments.  i will be having a hormone test on day 21 next month.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome!  Well, you know what they say about a little info being a dangerous thing?!?  Funny how we seem to glom onto the worst case scenerios.  Sounds like a bit of a hormone imbalance. Perhaps your dr. can do a blood test and see what needs to be done to get you back on track.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thanks Linda.  i seem to blow things out of proportion.  

Reading things on the net, one tends to assume things, after reading that back pain is related to o/c, i immediately think the worst.  

as far as the hormone imbalance, i have just started taking vitex agnus castus, which is supposted to help.
Helpful - 0
Hi, there, I wouldn't be too worried if your pelvic exam was normal. Usually these cysts can be felt on internal exams. The spotting is likely due to hormone imbalance.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.