Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

PCOS and Pregnancy

Hi everyone, some ladies in the maternal-child forum directed me here as they said that alot of you would have information that might be helpful to me. I was diagnosed with PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome in early march and was told that to conceive it would probably involve a lengthy process of IVF. But to my suprise(and happiness)I found out that I was 4.5 wks pregnant about a month ago. I was wondering if anyone knew if PCOS caused any problems during pregnancy or if it just causes problems with fertility? Any personal experiences or information would be great. Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
kamitch1, as one who worried about fertility, heartfelt congratulations.  Relax and enjoy the miracle!

Lex, the website I was trying to remember for you was
www.drpettle.com    Hope it gives you some ideas.....

Very best to both of you
Katie
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much ladies for your replies. Its very encourouging to hear about those with PSCOS conceiving naturally and delivering healthy babies - it takes a lot of weight of my mind. Ive been told that there is a higher m/c rate and as i am only at week 9 I've been really hesitant to get excited about my pregnancy for the fear of losing my baby, and whilst Ive heard of many sad stories its relaxing to know that there are some happy endings. I dont know anyone who has PCOS so having such wonderful ladies as yourselves to get helpful advice from certainly makes me smile. Thankyou.
Helpful - 0
I have had pco's since age 16 ...48 now and I was unable to have children because of it ..
PCO's stops a woman from ovalating properly ..eggs/ovum due not fully come to term and with some of us turn into hard cysts which makes it even more difficult to ovulate the next time and also unbalances are hormones when ovulation cannot be achieved on a constant basis..
PCO"s  also causes insulin resistance..and  women trying to conceive are now being treated with insulin in some places along with all the other tried and true methods like IVF.
I have never heard of it causing a problem during pregnancy ..especially if you've made it pass the first trimester.
I wish you a very happy pregnancy and delivery..

Congratulations  and all the best to you..
Lex...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.