Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Panic sets in

"Take a deep breath.  Blow it out slowly".  Oh, sorry I am practicing my deep breathing to relieve stress.  Yes, my panic is setting in with my surgery looming on Monday.  Maybe I won't have time to think about it, this weekend, as I go through the two days of bowel prep.  The not sleeping started a couple of nights ago.  I thought I had done well making it that far without problems.  I remind myself that I will do lots of"sleeping" on Monday.  I will be very glad when it is over.  It is not even the outcome that worries me most at this time.  It is that with all of my health problems combined just putting my under for surgery presents problems.  Oh well, a few more days and I will be on RS also.  What ever is found I fully intend to keep visiting this site.  It has given me information, laughs and a sense of belonging.  Thanks to everyone for being you.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Prayers coming to you from England too  R XXX
Helpful - 0
Since we are a multi-national group here, there will be prayers all over this earth for you on Monday--and over the weekend asking for calmness.

We are all here pulling for you!
Helpful - 0
Linda F.  I just copied those legal forms to take with me.  The hospital recommended getting them when I went on the liver transplant list.  I made sure that both my hubby and adult son are aware of my wishes.  I told my son so he would not lay any guilt trips on his dad.  If the worst happens( which it is not) they will need each other even more.  I figure that being the last surviving sibling in my family, I have to survive to carry on the family memories.  I made a similar statement when my third sibling got divorced about 10 years ago.  I said to my hubby that this was either  really good or a really bad for our chances of staying married.  We will be celebrating 30 years of marriage in Sept.
You are so right about men wanting to fix things.  I think mine has been through so much with me that he now knows that just being there and holding me when I get really bent out of shape is the best thing he can do.  My son is also a very caring, thoughtful individual.  Not that I want him to lose money from his summer job but he booked next Tuesday off so he could come see me in the afternoon.  He figures his dad will come in the evening so he wants to keep me company.  I wish I could figure out what we did right with this kid.  I could probably out sell Dr Spock if I could.  Thanks and I will try to get back on line as soon as I feel up to it after surgery.  You are all stuck with me for the weekend, however.
Helpful - 0
Hello Special Lady..

I just wanted you to know ...you are in my thoughts and prayers and I have no doubts that anyone as special as you are will be Alright...I for one look forward to hearing all about your speedy recovery and how wonderful you feel..not to mention the tummy tuck ;)

Really pushing for mine ..thanks to you ..because you told me about it... I have stop looking at this whole thing as a negative and I am now feeling it is a positive with perks ;)
Can't wait to wake up and find my tummy 3sizes smaller ..probably be my first question ..How much did you remove ..lol
Then I will ask the big questions ...maybe ;)

I know it is difficult ..but try and relax all you will overcome this challenge ..I'm sure of it ..
But we will be here all weekend if at anytime you want to talk ,rant , rave or just mumble .
We'll be listening and here to just hold your hand as long as you need it ..
Big Warm Hug ..
Lex

For all of us ..

I asked for strength and God gave me adversities to make me strong.
I asked for knowledge and God gave problems for me to solve and to make me wise.
I asked for prosperity and God gave me brains and muscles to use.
I asked for courage and God gave challenges for me to overcome.
I asked for love and God gave troubled people for me to help.
I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.

I did not receive anything I have asked God.
But I received from God everything I needed.
Helpful - 0
LindF.  Actually you are right on about being prewarned.  I am going to have 3 docs from different specialties keeping an eye on me.  The gyn/onc, the plastics guy, and the liver guy.  Gee, I wonder if too much care can do you harm.  Just kidding. I know I will be in the hospital at leat 5-6 days.  I don't know how far after that I will feel up to getting on the computer.  We live in a backsplit so I don't have many stairs from the bedroom to the computer on the main floor.  Listen to this.  A few weeks ago my hubby said he could move the treadmill form the downstairs family room to the main floor so I would not have to go down a second flight of stairs.  I gave him the look, laughed, and said that by the time I could get on the treadmill I think I will be able to handle stairs.  I am not going to be on it the first week home, that is for sure.  I guess he knows how much I like to make fast recoveries so he figured he was being helpful.  Besides, the bigger TV is in the family room and I like to watch it while I walk.  Keeps me from thinking about how long I've been on the treadmill.
Knowing from the time I went on the liver transplant list I have been getting the main bedroom set up for recovery.  I have a nice chair,footstool and lamp in one corner.  I have a 20" TV and a DVD/VCR as well.  I have all my craft supplies near the chair.  I have ordered a 1000 piece puzzle from Mary Maxim because I might not want to work on crafts.  It is a picture with a lot of kittens.  I love all animals but have a real soft spot for my cats.  I admire their independence.  We also always have all sorts of reading material as we all read a lot.  I think I am as ready as I'll ever be.  Just hope no surgical emergencies pop up on Monday morning.  I sure don't want things cancelled at that late date.  Thanks all for the thoughts and support.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
105530 tn?1279585282
Mid

Just wanting you to know that i will be thinking of you
and you are in my prayers. We would love for you to join the msn site send me a message ***@****
take care
Mid from OZ
Helpful - 0
Hi ladies, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and for Livertrans I really hope you surgery goes well. After my next operation which is soon (still waiting for a date), I will be having something done with my tummy because this will be my third midline coming up and my tummy looks like lumpy mashed potato. I won't be able to have the plastics guy in there because it will be too crowded due to the Gynae team operating on my mass etc., the bowel team doing their thing
(I had an ileo-rectal anastomosis with midline in 2003 and this causes a problem )and a urologist who will be putting in a ureteric stent temporarily. I have already had a hysterectomy so I am hoping this is my last operation and so I'd like get my tummy looking half decent (I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland so everybody is in bikini tops and shorts just going to the milk bar for groceries because it is always so hot). My self esteem will be better also if I feel a bit better about my body. I wish you well for Monday and for Lex, please stay strong, we are all thinking of you. Take care,
Yours in Sisterhood,
Mariah X
Helpful - 0
I will keep you in my prayers this weekend.  I truly hope that we have given you all the information you needed to prepare yourself.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.