Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery Update

Hi all, Well I have to say it has been a true blessing to find such a wonderful group of woman in this group, cause with you all I'm not sure how I would've made it this far. ((((((hugs))))).
Okay I had my Laprascopy done on tuesday and all came out pretty good.  They removed my left ovary with the slight potential that they would do a bilateral in needed, in the long run only one was removed along with the tube.
Only thing i remember the dr's telling me it was borderline and we may have to go in tomorrow to do a clean out ( TAH)
BUT the dr came in the next moring and said good news it not cancer. It was LMP which is Low Malignet Potential which i guess it we waited longer it very well could have turned into cancer.
I truly believe it was a total blessing in disguise that i was pregnant for 8 weeks and miscarriaged cause if i was never preggo no ultrasounds would have been done and we would have possibly never stopped it in time.
BUT i am blessed like i said to have it caught in time BUT now it is to make decisions in the next few week to decided wether to do the total abdominal hystermocy (sp) to just leave what i have and keep a close watch on it.
What do you all think ???
BTW..thanks for all the post about the gas pains it us turly much better while lying on your back flat cause when you do walk ( which seemed to help quite a bit) the gas would just creep back up into my shoulder and rib cage.  I would actually have to say the gas pains hurt more than the incision. Also how long do i have to keep my mini bandages on, they told me at the hospital until they fallof
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi, its always great to hear good news x
Helpful - 0
Phew what good news!
Don't stress about the hysto for a little while babe. rest &  heal!      R x x x
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Glad to hear the good news.  Now, you take it easy and get tons of rest!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Goodb news is always good to hear!
Helpful - 0
My mini bandgages never did fall off by themselves.  I took them off afte 2 weeks.  I am so glad that you are in the 99% club!  Doing the happy dance for you!  Please keep us posted on the decision you make concerning the total hysterectomy.  It has to be your choice, but if it is all fine now, I think I would wait and keep a VERY close eye on things. Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.