Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A silly question

I know I have tips in here on taking the Fleet Phospate prep.  Has anyone tried it with sweetener or sugar?  I usually have a strong stomach but I had to take a gravol to get it all down yesterday.  I know the Citromag I took for a colonoscopy was not as bad as this.  It tasted like I was drinking ocean water-very salty.  I know it worked, however.  I told my hubby last night that I felt like the Energizer bunny.  It just kept going, and going, and going.  I drank it on ice with water but that was not much help.  My other thought is would it help to add a little lemon juice to it?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
140437 tn?1215109742
lemon juice takes away the taste of everything bless it. Remember when we were kids and we would be to scared to say we felt unwell cos mum would be straight in with a glass of god only knows what! This was only mildly better than being unwell at grans who would come in with a glass of JESUS CHRIST! What was that cure all LOL!

Milk of magnesia too (shudders)

Anna x
Helpful - 0
Was gramma's cure all Castor Oil?  I also took so much Milk of Magnesia by the time I was 5 years old( chronic constipation as a child) that I still can't stand the smell of it.  I guess I will give the lemon juice a try with sweetener.  Maybe something will help.  Thanks
Never knew my grandparents- last one died when I wa 6 months old( I was a bit of an afterthought with my parents )  My mom knew all those cure alls but would not use most of them.  She use to tell us that when she was a kid if one of them developed a chest cold this is what her mother did.  She took warm goose grease and rubbed on their chests and then put a flannel cloth over it.  My Mom said that smell of the goose grease was enough to either kill you or cure you.
Helpful - 0
137539 tn?1344379928
I took mine with the green or original flavored Gatorade and it really didn't taste too bad Just a little stronger than reg gatorade. I guess because Gatorade already has some salt in it.  But ummm be sure and read the directions lol My doc's directions said pour the prep in to some liquid and drink. so I did..... the whole 3 oz bottle lol the actual directions said to measure out 1 1/2 oz. OMG I was on the potty all night long.  Guess I will always read them a little better from now on. good luck.
Helpful - 0
Don't worry. I read the directions really well.  I was supposed to drink the whole bottle.  You are right though, I drank it at 11:30am and I was stilling going at 8pm.  I just stuck close to home.  I am starting to think my husband and son want to avoid me yesterday and today.  My hubby has a rush job at work(he is usually off weekends) and went in to give them moral support.  He got home about 5pm.  Today he dragged our son in as well.  They need all the help they can get and our son is working in the plant for the summer.  My hubby is a estimator in the office but never minds helping out in the shop when they need it.  They will be gone until they are done. I also suggested to our son to take his dad out to supper for Father's Day.  I can't eat-I don't cook.  If they cook at home it just slays me.  So, I figure they will get home, shower, and go out for supper.  I guess there will be no one to irritate me.  I don't envy my husband his long day tomorrow.  My surgery is at 8am.  We are leaving home at 4:30am to check in a 6am.  They figure the surgery will take most of the day so he will be exhausted by the time I am out of surgery.  Granted, he can sleep anywhere so I imagine he will find a corner and doze.
Our poor dog is really finding the heat ruff on him.  He is 12 and has a heart murmur.  I usually give in and turn on the air conditioning for him.  My son jokes about the fact that I have odd priorities.  It has to get quite warm before I am too hot.
Thanks all.
Helpful - 0
137539 tn?1344379928
I always enjoyed when the family was gone a little more "Me" time long bath, or reading time. Any time was good when not having to answer to any questions, cook, clean up after... But then I had kids at home for 27 years as my boys are 9 years apart. Now with the kids gone I kinda miss it. good luck tommorrow.  hope all goes well.
Nicki
Helpful - 0
Good luck to you tomorrow--I will be thinking about you.  I had to laugh when I read your post because I, too, gave in last year and turned the air conditioning on for the dog.  Us dog people are probably a strange lot by most standards!!
Helpful - 0
Good luck to you tomorrow--I will be thinking about you.  I had to laugh when I read your post because I, too, gave in last year and turned the air conditioning on for the dog.  Us dog people are probably a strange lot by most standards!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.