Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Had blood test's back, please read

Hiya ladies. I posted a couple of weeks back about my symptons. Went to the doctor and she sent me for blood tests and U/S.
I have just looked at the results, (as I have access to them through the hospital where I work.)

My PCV came back slightly below normal. It is 0.366 (normal range 0.370-0.540)(Platelet cell volume, a low one can mean malignancy)

That in itself is ok. As it is only one test, and anaemia can cause a low PCV.  But just had a look at my tumor marker. CEA test and it is low <0.2ng/ml when the normal is (0.8--2.5)
Which indicates I have a tumor in early stages.

Now I can live with that. But what I am finding a little odd is I have to wait until Sept 21st for an ultrasound.

Should I be panicing and pressing for an earlier U/S, as oddly I dont feel paniced.

What would you ladies do? Or think about the whole thing?

6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are too funny--but being from US and not UK, it is good thing you added "the queen" or I would probably still be scratching my head.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks Thunley. Will speak to my GP if possible. Though I may have more luck getting in touch with HRH the queen.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Guys. They didn't do a CA125. Though i've tread here they're not that accurate for me (i'm 35) thats right isn't it?

Also I have to wait that long for an U/S as it's the damned NHS. (UK)

Helpful - 0
Aren't they doing a colonoscopy?  CEA is used as a colon marker, so in the meantime, I would set up a colonoscopy as well.

Hang in there!
Helpful - 0
Why do they want you to wait until Sept 21st for an ultrasound? I agree with the other ladies...i'd push for an earlier date.

Linda J
Helpful - 0

Hey Tiff --
If I were in yuur shoes (and I was a couple of months ago), I'd press for an earlier US. Not because you necessarily have reason to be alarmed, but simply to spare yourself the anxiety of waiting until September. You may feel calm right now, but it may not last.

Also, did they do a CA-125 test? As all the ladies on the site will tell you, it's not an accurate tool to diagnose OVCA, especially in pre-menopausal women, but you might want to have it done anyway. If it's within normal range, then waiting for September to have the US makes more sense.

Let us know how things go!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.