Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Adhesions/Colonoscopy - to Linda J

Linda,

You'd asked about being able to see adhesions when the colonscopy testing was done. Last Thursday I had my colonoscopy and today I saw my primary. I asked him if the colon report was sent to him and it was.  They said no, you canNOT see them with this kind of testing.

Sorry I can't help you more. :-(

Suzanne
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I got that message from Mary and I gave it a try.  I didn't wait to order a ball, balls are balls, I went to ToysRUs and bought to, just to be on the safe side as I was in so much pain.  I got a 9 inch harder surfaced basketball and a 15 or 16 inch softer ball.  I did exactly as Mary discussed and it worked for me.  It hurt like hell while rolling, but relieved a lot once done/took a lot of strain off my colon which had to have been liteally squeezed closed as I just couldn't go and it was so painful.  Today I had a visit with the Gastroenterologist, which I couldn't get into until now no matter the pain.  I presented him with a CT Scan showing two more thick walled cysts (I had a very large serous cystadenoma removed along with hysterectomy in Oct. 2005) - anyway this Gastroenterologist, noting the new cysts, said I think you are right, I think your problem is adhesions.  He said the cysts are the gyno's problem, he doesn't deal with them they are near the bowel, not on the bowel.  Funny, the Gyno told me it was his to deal with, not hers. They Gastroenterologist set me up for a colonoscopy.  Does anyone know why, as I just read, they can't see adhesions on a colonoscopy.  What, if the colon is squished, they open it up with a balloon like a angiogram or something?  Thanks for any info.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
That is the problem with adhesions, you can feel them but you cannot see them until you are opened up in surgery.  It really stinks on ice.  You should check with Mary53 about body rolling.  It is a message technique that breaks up the adhesions.  You can google "bodyrolling" to find out where to get the ball that you need.  Then check with Mary53 and she can give you a crash course in the bodyrolling.  It does work!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
137539 tn?1344379928
yes that is what the gastro that did my c-scope also said (literally stuck together) and told me to be sure to let my GYN/ONC know that so he could have a gen surgeon nearby to do the multiple separations that will be needed.
Helpful - 0
Thank you all for the info on this--I REALLLY appreciate it!
Helpful - 0
Yikes, stuck together. I don't like that image!

Linda J
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
My gastro guy said that he could definitely FEEL the adhesions while he was performing the test on me.  Sure enough, when the gyn/onc went in he confirmed that my intestines were literally stuck together.
Helpful - 0
Hi Suzanne, thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling they couldn't be seen this way.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.