Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

News - Good!

Hi Ladies, hope you are all well and happy. Vi and myself went to her Oc last night with all the various test results he requested, CAT showed areas of lesions now fybrotic (dead), Bone density showed highlighted area in the spin, follow up MRI showed no lesions, Ultra sound clear, Blood test however came back CA 125 at 140, up from 5 weeks ago 130! He went over the past treatments taxol/Carb, 9 month remission, taxotairre, 4 months remission, on Gemzar, Ca from 750 to 50, but now gradual rising. No new lesions. Gamma knife for lesion in brain, followed up with full head radiation. He stated that it is up to 4-6 months before results of gamma/raditaion will show. Okay what next? Treat the rising CA? Wait and See? As growth seems to originate from metrarlstynam, local radiation? He gave us several other Chemo combinations we can try,including back to the original Taxol/Carb combination as now 2 year from last session; as well as radiation, we have jointly concedering to wait a month and re test with PET scan in August, then if still localized probably undergo radiation only, having a good chemo break ready in case of a full reoccurrence. Okay that
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Steve,
I think I'd do what you've decided on already.Wait a month,PET scan and take it from there.If radiation isn't an option wham it again with carbo/taxol.The break from Chemo will do Vi good,hopefully.If nothings showing up on scans at the moment,the rise in CA125 could be down to something else maybe.
If she's feeling okay,no pains or anything then I think I'd wait and see.
I've already decided if my ca125 rises again with my next blood test,I don't care,I'm having a break from chemo for a month or two if I can.I've had the stuff nearly continually since last Feb,I'd just like a break,and Vi probably feels the same.
Sue x
Helpful - 0
Steve,
I don't have enough knowledge on this one to offer an opinion, sorry.  But I did want to say how great I think you are to be here searching for solutions for Vi.  Having those you love in your corner with is the best gift ever!

God Bless you both!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Steve, sounds like you have a good plan in place.  You two make a fantastic team and what you are doing seems to be working.  I will keep you and Vi in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
HI
Boy that Vi is one tough cookie!!! I am not sure what to advise but you two will make the right decision.
Thoughts and prayers are headed your way.
kathy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.