Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

stitches out,..my cyst was 'embryological remnant of mullerian duct'!? Wot the!

Just had my stitches out.... he couldn't get the stitches out of my belly button and it felt like he was digging into me! argh! hehe tired after that and painful that i didn't ask much questions :p

the tissue from the cyst came back from the pathology as benign :p yay!  he said the cyst (which was in the broad ligament) was 'embrylogical reminant of mullerian duct'..

righhhht! i googled that:

Either of two embryonic tubes extending along the mesonephros that become the uterine tubes, uterus, and part of the vagina in the female and that form the prostatic utricle in the male

...so yeah! i've had this all along but just noticed it when i had the pain and u/sound! apparnetly i won't get that again hehe

...So have a question-> He took the stitches out today- he said can shower like normal and afterwards pat dry gently with tissue or something.... do i need an antiseptic liquid to dab over ?? He said to watch the belly button and if there is any smell or puss then to come back to him

...so...yay!!  

And how are we all today! :D
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would avoid the antiseptic approach, but do keep an eye on the bellybutton.  Allow time for natural healing.  The skin is an amazing organ with the ability to self heal.

Well done on the benign pathology.  That's really good news.
Helpful - 0
Hooray on your goood news!!! Benign--there is no sweeter word!!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Doing the Happy Dance!!!

~Tascha
Helpful - 0
yeah--- im doing the antiseptic liquid thing anyway :p

and yeh-- pre lap/during/post -> definatly thought about life and what i could change and try to be a better person :)  I believe we go through these things for a reason--> not just the bad luck of it happening but for me I always question why and I think for me- Im the type of person that takes alot of things for granted and something like this puts me back in my place and think about how i've been -at work, home etc..--- if u know what I mean....

anyway what i learnt this time was how much my family means to me- even though they can still be annoying...!!!!!! :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.