Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Womb Transplants

I have been reading an amazing article about Swedish scientists successfully transferring a uterus into a sheep.  They believe that human womb transplants can be attempted within five years.

Obviously good news for young women who are either born without a womb or have it removed because of life saving operations.

The womb must come from mother or older sister because of rejection risks.

Now I think this sparks an interesting debate.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
tell me - www.guardian.co.uk/science is the site.

Rebel Spirit - I can't imagine puberty and menopause - in fact I can't imagine menopause and yet I'm due for surgical meno July 3rd.  I have rejected HRT but now feel that maybe an oestrogen implant for six months might be beneficial for a speedier recovery.  Can you help me on this?

Oh and I've already bought my 'Nora Batty' knickers (as we in the UK say).

I'm thinking of buying some bigger sized clothes.... with no elastic waists!
Helpful - 0
This would be a godsend for some women. I saw on TV the other day where an identical twin donated her ovaries to her sister after she finished having kids. They transplanted the ovaries into her and then she had children. Her ovaries had shut down and put her into menopause at age 14. Can you imagine trying to go through puberty and menopause at the same time? And I thought cancer was bad!!
Helpful - 0
I knew it would only be a matter of time.
Do you still have a link to the article?
Well this is positive stuff!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.