Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mass measures 5 by 6.5

I just posted the previous question regarding my mass, have not had any blood work done.  I have no support here and my husband is out of town.  I was reading through previous questions and the same thing kept coming up, "most OVCA are over 5 cm."  Does this mean mine is more probable to be malignant?  I have no family history of OVCA, am 34 in good health, don't have the time to take off for a long surgery recovery and would prefer laprascope.  Had hysterectomy in 1999 during childbirth due to bleed out, also had endometriosis. Was on fertility med Clomid which also increases chances of malignancy.  I just don't know where to turn and keep checking to see if I have gotten a response and haven't.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ovarian cancers come in all shapes and sizes.

Do not worry.  As Linda F pointed out you have a type of cyst that is usually benign.  Most ovarian cancers appear post menopausal.

Now I have a five year old who stopped being carried around about 18months ago and he was heavy.  It has not compromised me in any way.  He too was hyper at times (I could do with some of the energy).

The waiting is the most awful thing and you think you are going to loose your mind if you don't get the answers you need.

Take care and try not to worry.

Helpful - 0
Large size does not mean cancer.  Painterlady's was eight inches around and it was benign.  My other friend had one the size of a basketball--and I was horrified--ten years later, she is the picture of health!

Take care!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.