Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CA 125 4,250 First treatment of Topotean

Hi Lady's, Just had my first treatment of Topotean on Tuesday and boy did my count go up in two weeks before the treatment..How many treatments do I have before the numbers start going down? I had Breast cancer in 2000, one breast remover with 8 nodes removed, stage 3C. I had a expander put in but the doc put in a small expander so it's no good. I still have the expander in. Wouldn't you know, I was going to have my new boob done and then came this. I just drank a bottle of Magnesium citrate and we all know what that's for. I don't have any side affects as of yet, maybe I won't get any??? Will I loose my hair?? One good thing I don't have to shave my legs.
HUG's Carol
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh gosh!  I can't imagine this after breast cancer.  I don't know if I have OvCa yet, but I from what I've read you might lose your hair.  I agree--maybe no leg shaving!  Look at the bright side no bad hair days...LOL  Are you in remission from breast cancer? Please keep me posted on your progress.  My thoughts and prayers with you!

Take care,
Shawn
Helpful - 0
I am presently on Topotecan.  
I haven't lost my hair...not yet after my 1st two 3-wk cycles...1st wk Topotecan (M - F), 2nd wk Nupagin shots (M - F), 3rd wk is my free week.  I have 4 more 3-wk cycles to go.  My gyn/onc told me only 2 of all of her patients lost hair with it.  I am thinking positive, because I was bald from Sept - Feb from my 1st 18 wk session of chemo (carbo & taxol)...and I only have an 1 1/2 inches of hair that grew in between to the two different protocols.  There is nothing so bad as to lose your facial hair...eyebrows and eyelashes...you look like an alien.  I am so thankful that hair grew back in.  I count my blessings each day and am so thankful for the hair I do have now.  I will pray you do not lose your hair with Topotecan.
Helpful - 0
hi defuniak! hope your treatments go well & you get to have that new boob  :-)  R x x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.