Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

1st day back @ work.tmw stay home / new bruises around healing incision a worry?

Ok so in case you dunno what i had- i had the lap- 4 cuts- did it on the 15th June, stitches out last wed...- went back to work today- job as food lab tech requires standing in one position..or can sit... probably got abit too excited and walked around in normal pace saying hi to people (at home this would have tired me out), movements i admit were 'back to normal' (when i was told to keep it light)......end of the day i was tired and the left side/cut (cyst was on the left side next to the ovary) was really sore....

i already have some bruising below my belly button (initially yellowish....

Question 1:
It is now getting that bluish "bruise" colour...is that normal???)

--->Also The left side had a small bruise above the cut from a few days ago- now there is another one above it- the thing is- cos my skin is so fair i can see that the bruises are both on the one vein running down my left side- Im going to the docs to check tmw anyway just to ease my worry :p

OH AND TO ADD MORE ANNOYANCE TO MY DAY I GOT MY PERIOD! GRRR!!! NOW IM PMS-ING AS WELL!  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!

I hope ure day is better than mine :) hehehehehe argh moody!!

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had the same thing.. I also have the four incisions. The belly button one hurt the longest, I guess since they actually have to cut through muscles for that one. The others they cut through fat and between muscles. I also had weird pains in the lower of my two right side incisions. Found that the reason was that it wouldn't heal because there was a suture trying to work out. Once it poked out and I had it removed, the pains stopped and the cut healed with a little neosporin.
I heard the first period after surgery is the worst... hang in there. I've heard it gets lots better! (I didn't have one.. I had constant spotting since late April, and it was still doing it after surgery, but I'm now on heavy BC for endo)
Hang in there!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
FORGOT to say- that the cut above the pubic area is now painless, the right side is painless, the belly button- abit of pain when i stretch,use the muscles - but the left one thought not consistently painful- i still get a almost like someone is poking me around that area - and earlier today was painful like the pain lingers there for a few seconds..... bugger my paranoia! :P

Helpful - 0
Most likely what's happening is that when you move around, you rupture some of the small superficial blood vessels around the incision site causing bruising. I believe it is harmless. If the area feels painful and hot to the touch, then I'd get it checked out. I developed all sorts of bruises after my plastic surgery - even a huge one on my breast and he worked on my face and neck. Was told blood sinks, moves around, etc. which is why that happens.

L.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.