Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Another post-op question

The home care nurse commented on something yesterday.  I was not aware of this problem until some of my other pain settled down.  Did anyone else have pain just about the lowest pubic bone?  She did say that once they are in, the surgeons are not very gentle.  I just don't want to worry if this is normal and will clear up with time.  I don't usually like to soak in the tub but if I was given the ok I might consider soaking in a salt and water bath.  I just don't know how'll I get up out of the tub after.  Some one call a front end loader!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
md1johnson
It's not like you don't have enough to worry about all ready.  I read the gastro post and all I can say is I'll be thinking about you.  I assume you will let all of us know what is happening.  I must admit, with all my aches and pains, now, it is much better from this side of surgery.
I know going into surger(with all my other health issues) I was afraid I would not wake up after.  I figured it was a bonus when I did.  
Good luck.
Helpful - 0
82818 tn?1206989814
It's good to hear from you. I hope I make it to my surgery okay. Read my post on the Gastro Site and that comment will make more sense. Take care of yourself.
Helpful - 0
Hi Brenda ...

You can also consider a transfer bench...makes it very easy to get in and out ...oh and also about the bar ...the medical suppliy store has movable ones (alot cheaper was aprox.35$)..I have both now but only had the moveable one for years and it works great ....just get one of the fellas to srew it on tight and enjoy your bath..

Hugs ...Lex

Helpful - 0
Aww, Anna-Marie.  I have this real big hang up with any other family member being in the bathroom with me.  I got stuck in the tub once when I was pregnant(I was huge) and I finally managed to get over on my knees and up.  Silly vanity I know but it is one that sticks with me.  My hubby is great and has washed my hair for, waited on me, etc.  after surgeries but there are just somethings I like to do for myself.  Funny thing is I looked into getting a safety bar installed in our shower/tub enclosure before my surgery.  We had a "Bathfitters" unit put in several years ago and it would have been less than $100 to get the bar installed now.  May be we should get it for future times.  Bye for now.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Lex.  I have to get my bar from bathfitters because it is all sealed and using any other type voids my guarantee.  It is something like 15 years long.  I thought about getting some kind of seat but I figure I can manage  with soaking clothes in warm water and salt and just lying still while I soak.  I will be glad when I can do some more things for myself again.  Hubby and son great but it is still frustrating.  Also, sons("ex-girl friend") from planting trees for two months.  I swear they have seen more of each other since they broke up.  Her mom said good thing it was a friendly breakup or they would have to kick her out and adopt our son.   He certainly has her family rooting for him.  She is a couple of years younger than him so they have lots of time to decide if they want to be together.  I just stay out of it.  I listen, nod, give sympathy where needed and keep my mouth shut.  Having watched three older siblings marriages and a good friends marriage break up I have to just listen and not critize.  Gee, I could probably write an advice column.  Bye for now.
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
Babe its normal to get all sorts of aches and pains until your body has healed properly. A nice soak in the bath sounds like a wonderful idea with or without the salt. Is there anybody who could help you to get in and out?

Anna x
Helpful - 0
hi my mum had surgery 5 and half weeks ago and she is still having pains, she was told it takes a while to heal on the inside, hope this helps you. hope you are feeling better soon x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.