Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

had hysterectomy for endometriosis, worried about cancer

I am 34 years old and have had a right oophorectomy and a hysterectomy for endometriosis.  I have continued to have problems with pain and such since I had the surgery not quite two years ago.  About 7 weeks ago my gyno ordered an US and a small cyst was found.  I repeated it last week and it had doubled in size although still relatively small.  I had a chocolate cyst removed before so I'm wondering if this is what it could be.  Also I have problems with my bowels now and other things and I don't know if it could be ovarian cancer.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, and God bless!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I probably should be a little more aggressive about my healthcare but I never have been. I sort of take whatever they say as the gospel.  I had this ultrasound last week and I have the results but as of today, the doctor still hasn't called me to confirm that she's got them.  I have never even met this new doctor I'm going to.  I have only met her assistants, after three appointments.  I started going to a different doctor because I thought I might get faster, better treatment.  I was wrong.  I will seriously considering asking for a vaginal ultrasound, I'd like to be sure what's going on.  You're right, I am paying her and I should remember that!  I will let you know if I get anywhere with this.  Thank you all for responding, it is so helpful to talk to others and get different points of view. By the way, I live in WV, a very small town with only one gyno, and I have to travel 30 miles right now to see this new one.  It's not as easy in this situation to just go somewhere else.  Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
No thanks is needed.  That is what we are her for:)  Where do you live?  I suggest that you call your gyn tomorrow and tell them that you tell her that you want a v/us done asap.  When you do a vaginal, it gives a better picture of what the cyst looks like since it is right by the ovary.  Stand up for yourself girl and demand that they let you have one.  Also, tell her that you are sick of the pain and you want an appointment earlier that late July.  Remember that you are paying her paycheck.  You may have to remind them of that.  Good luck, Kasie
Helpful - 0
Actually it was just a normal ultrasound.  I don't even go to see my gynecologist until late July.  A good doctor is hard to find around here.  So far it's continuing to grow so I'm a little scared I may have to have another surgery.  I've had so many already without too much success.  Thank you for your concern and I'll let you know if something comes up before then.
Helpful - 0
Hi, and welcome to the site.  I know how bad a small cyst can cause us pain, but eventhough it is small, keep an eye on it.  It will also help you to remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  Please keep us posted on how your next us goes.  By the way, was it a vaginal ultrasound?  If not, then I would request that you have a v/us.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.