Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

SURGICAL MENOPAUSE

IT WILL BE 2 WEEKS FRIDAY SINCE I'VE HAD MY TAH.  MY QUESTION IS...HOW LONG IF YOU DON'T TAKE HRT DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETELY GET THROUGH WITH MENOPAUSE?  ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL...
SO FAR I'VE NOT HAD TO TAKE ANY HORMONES.  MY DR. GAVE ME VIVELLE DOT 0.05 AND I FILLED THE PRESCRIPTION AND HAVE IT READY IF I NEED IT.  GOD IS THE ONE WHO IS LEADING ME AND GETTING ME THROUGH EACH DAY...I'M TELLING YOU HE HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME.  FAMILY, FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES ARE  COOKING AND BRING FOOD, FLOWERS, AND WONDEFUL COMPANY.  GOD HAS BLESSED ME AS FAR AS THE PAIN PART.  I'VE REALLY NOT BEEN IN HARDLY ANY PAIN...I GIVE ALL GLORY TO GOD.  HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GO THROUGH MENOPAUSE WITHOUT HORMONES?  ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT...

THANKS,
MAMARABBIT02
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think it differs with every woman. I would say with your attitude, faith, and support, you might not be upset with the symptoms. They might be more bothersome. You are young though and want to monitor the effects of no HRT with the risk of osteoporosis, etc. Your docs though can keep tabs on that through painless bone scans and there are meds you can take.

I'm so glad you were blessed with such wonderful friends and family and so little pain.

Linda
Helpful - 0

Please bear in mind that even women with ovaries and womb intact can go through severe menopausal symptoms, that sometimes last a very long time.

Sometimes when the ovaries are 'under attack', they are not working to their optimum level and so therefore removal may not lead to the severe symptoms that everyone fears.

Also those who do have surgical menopausal symptoms tend to have them for a shorter period, the pituitary gland just gives up sending out raised FSH levels because it is getting NO response.  In a woman with her reproductive organs the raised FSH whips it back into shape, it gets flabby again and the whole process can be repeated again and again and again....  You can supplement the loss the hormones either chemically or bioidentical, black cohosh for the night sweats, gel, magesium and calcium for the bones, etc but be aware that your intact sisters could also be doing the same.

- and remember a postive outlook like yours can do wonders for the healing process!

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE...I GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY AND HONOR THAT HE SO DESERVES....ITS ALL THROUGH GOD IN JESUS NAME...
THANK YOU MY FRIENDS...

((((((((((((((MANY, MANY, HUGS))))))))))))))))
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.