Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CA-125 still not back..

So, I had a CA-125 bloodwork on fri of last week. 2 things... 1. because of my age (21) I wasnt sure if cancer was even possible... and 2. Shouldnt I have it back by now??? Doc keeps saying "dont call us, we'll call you". Grr...
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think they should be in by now.   Maybe the doc just hasn't looked at the report yet.  I had mine on a Wednesday and my doc called me the next Tuesday.  Sometimes it depends  on what lab service they used too.  I would call them anyway.....you have the right to know.  Take care--Shawn
Helpful - 0
Your test results should be back by now. I would definitely call. Although ovarian cancer is rare in younger people, it is possible. The type that I had is most common in 18-19 year-olds. I was 26 when I had it. The last thing I would want to do is to scare you, but I did want to let you know about that. Statistics are on your side. They told me I had more of a chance of winning the lottery than getting that type of cancer. I wish I would have won the lottery instead. That would have been a whole lot better.:) My experience has been that usually if the results are serious, the doctor will call you right away. No news could actually be good news.:)
Helpful - 0
Hi there Gals....dian here....good news....my ca125 is at 1.9.....had my appt this am with my onc....  decided to wait around for the test relults...took half an hour......what does that tell you guys!  Go kick in somebody's door and while you're there give your docs a swift kick in the rear!  No excuse for the run around you guys are getting.
Peace ladies.
dian
Helpful - 0
I also had my CA-125 done Tuesday, and although I don't have the results, I called today to find out when they'd be ready & my dr.s asst. told me they don't take long & should definitely be in by Monday (less than a week) & told me to call Monday if I hadn't heard from them.  I have not had good luck w/ the ladies who work the front desk at any of the practices I have been to, most seem rude, thoughtless & downright uncaring. I have been able to circumvent them when it counts & go straight to the Dr. or Dr.s asstant.
   Also be advised that a cousin of mine works as a nurse in a OB-GYN office. The horror stories she told me would make all of you cringe. The things they screw up. I was talking to her about our Aunt, who had gotten a mamogram - a YEAR later when getting her next checkup, the Doc looks at her mamogram & tells her she has breast cancer . . . no one ever called her back. She has passed from the cancer since. So my cousin & I were discussing the horrible tragedy & I was expressing my horror at the doctor's office. At this point I got the earful about how these mistakes are COMMON- She worked in the best office I have ever been in out of about 10 different OB/GYN's I have been too.  Just a wake up call for anyone who doesn't think its their responsibility. You tell that nurse or whoever she is to pack sand & you want to talk to someone else! Call back at a different time if you ahve to, and if the doc has no way for you to contact anyone else, get a new practice!!! YOu ABSOLUTELY not only have the right, but the responsiblity to get the info. Sorry- I'll get off the box ;)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.