Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

2nd option sounds great to me

After 7 weeks of bleeding, 6 of spotting, 2 UT's, blood work, urine work, XRays, 5 day blood presure and more weight ins than I want to mention also new medications ( birth control, indigestion, over active bladder, blood thinner to counter act the migraines from birth control...well finally I was ask to come off the birth control and have a cycle.  I did on Mon and hardly spotted until Thur morning when all hell broke loose.  Oh the pain, yet no blood.  Finally and hour later it started.  I had to go to Hospital for my daughter and good thing while there I bleed through a super tampon and pad in 1 1/2 hours.  When I went to bathroom I sat down and before I knew it I heard plop plop.  I thought I had lost my tampon, but no I was passing blood clots and only God knows what.  It looked like raw pinkish chicken meat with chicken fat stripped through it.  WEELLL it scared me to death.  (No I did not think to grab it out of the toilet)  It was all I could do to clean myself up and get back to my daughter.  I found the nearest nurses station and told them what was happening (Military Hospital).  I was told to call advise nurse who by some chance got me an appoint with an PA within 30 minutes.  After reveiwing my records and all I went through she said I probably have Endometrial which is cause all my pain and bleeding that the pill will control bleeding but when I cycle it will be bad, heavy, pain etc and only get worst with time.  You would think the doctors, nurses or GYN would have told me.  Gyn said lighter periods.  I now have referral for 2nd option with civilian by 7-14-06
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Holy geeze!.... You did not have a fun time of it!
I have endo, and I normally pass blood clots with a cycle, but nothing that looks like that!
A second opinon is a VERY good idea!
Hang in there, and let us know how it goes!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Oh yeah PA gave me darvocet and Naprosyn to make it through this cycle.  My pain is so much better tonight bleeding still heavy.  I was told if I soak a super tampon in one hour come back in but that Monday with Birth control pill again it should all calm down until I can get in for 2nd option.  I can't wait.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.