Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

worried and scared

Hi,I am new to this forum,my name is Micha ,43 in August,I am 11 days late ,did 4 pregnancy test all negative,never been late that long,usually my cycle is 28 to 30 days,sometimes late a day or two,but this time its been 11 days,i am having low back pain and pelvic pressure on and off,some bloating,no ovarian cancer history in my family,I am scheduled tomorrow with my gynecologist
cant wait to see him,I had a blood test done today will get the results tommorrow.3 years ago I had a big cyst,10 cm,put me on birth control pills and went away,but my symptoms were different at that time,I had spotting in middle of cycle with pressure on my bladder,but then everything went fine....now it is different,I will ask the dr to have all the possible tests ever,mri,ct scan,ultrasound and maybe laparoscopy....I always like to go all the way to the point without guesing or waiting,plus I took xanax right now to calm me down cause I am a very anxious person....by the way,2 weeks ago did pep smear and mamo and blood test at my family dr and everything came back good.Could it be that I am starting perimenopause?with the same symptoms that I have? anyone like me?could be ovarian cancer symptoms too?any reply would be greatly appreciated....
Thank you
Micha
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I also just missed my first period; 39 days in this cycle.  I am 42 and I have always been pretty regular.  I had a 16 cm cyst removed almost 2 years ago and my left ovary has seemed to work fine.  I have been very stressed about missing my period.  I shouldn't be pregnant, husband had a vasectomy around 10 years ago.  I am waiting to see what happens over the next month and I will probably go back and see my ob/gyn.
Helpful - 0
Your symptoms read more like those of pelvic inflammatory disease than an ovarian condition, but it appears that you already know that much.  Still, you could have a large hemorrhagic cyst or perhaps a condition involving the endometrial tissue in your uterus which is causing your symptoms.  Be certain to see your doctor.
Helpful - 0
well I just got back from Dr'appt.,he did a pekvic exam,felt no mass on my ovaries,I asked for an ultrasoung,which he sent me today,I had it done intravaginal and regular ultrasound,the results came back negative,small follicle cysts,nothing major,did the ca125 too today,results on monday,he says that I am entering the perimenopausal thing, it is ok untill I have proofs,I asked for more tests like ct scan or mri,he said lets wait for the ca125 results on monday and will take it from there...
Will let you know on monday!
Micha
Helpful - 0
Michaxx - the title of the thread and your situation got my attention.

I am 44, never before had any sort of "female" problem, but started fairly severe cramping and spotting alternating with regular period type flow five weeks ago, with a faint but-not-normal odor. I live in a very rural area and even though I made an appt as soon as this started, I don't see the dr until next week. Dr says spotting and cramping is usually nothing - but it certainly does not feel like nothing to me. My whole lower abdomen feels heavy, swollen, and sore. I doubt its an ovary because it is not just sore in one spot.  I am terrified. It feels like my insides are rotting away. My last pap was 3 years ago which is supposed to be fine for someone healthy but now I wonder if it was a huge mistake to wait that long.  I will let you know what's up when I find out, please you do the same.
Helpful - 0
You are definitely taking the right course of action.  You might also ask your doctor to check your hormone levels if that is not scheduled on your rather exhaustive list of tests!  Way to go!  

It could be  perimenopause...or it could be a cyst.  I am now 43, but began having symptoms of perimenopause in my late 30s.  These symptoms included spotting between cycles, irregular (irregular to the point that some were nearly missed!) cycles, and more pronounced PMS-like symptoms associated with my monthly cycles.

However, having already been diagnosed as perimenopausal, I did not associated the worsening of these symptoms, and the development of new symptoms, with the development of an endometrioma in 2004.  It was not until my cycles completely stopped that I decided something other than "aging and perimenopause"  was to blame.   The ultrasound resulted in the diagnosis of that large complex cyst.
Helpful - 0
I had my cyst about 4 or 5 years ago if I remember good,did ultrasound and confirmed it that it was a cyst filled with fluid,I was'nt in bad pain some discomfort very slight,but what made me worried was the spotting in the middle of my cycle and that was the reason for me seeing my dr which after doing the ultrasound and ruled out cancer by doing the ca125,he decided to put me on birthcontrol pills,for 3 months and i started to have my period normal without spotting and he wanted me to stay longer on the pills to prevent having more cyst which I did for a while then stopped them.Then I had to have a laparoscopydone 3 years ago with a cystoscopy in the same time due to a UTI that had cleared up with antibiotics but for some reasons kept on having the same UTI symptoms and pelvic and back pain so I DECIDED that was my request to do a laparoscopy and cystoscopy to have a peace of mind and everything was clear and fine...soon after started on lexapro antidepressant cause I was dwelling about it and made very anxious and mildly depressed...then all the symptoms dissappeared...now I am having this missing period and freaking out,so I am going all the way as far as i can to find out the cause..dont want to wait,anything you catch it at an early stage is almost curable....my husband makes fun of me that I am very compulsive and blow stuff out of proportion...but who cares,i do what ever i think it is right to do.
Micha
Helpful - 0
Gatsby
Thanx for ur reply,I will let you know what is going on,this is a wonderful place to be,full of support,encouragment and help...I am so glad I found you.
Micha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hi and welcome to the site.  It could be the start of perimenopause, but you are very wise in getting all of the tests done.  Also, an ovarian cyst can cause hormonal changes thus causing your period to be late.  Keep us posted on the results of your tests.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
i understand and can relate to your concerns though my situation is slightly different but same nerve-wrecking.  i'm on a wait-and-see since may  with an o/cyst, too but first time diagnosis. in 2 weeks i'll have my 2nd ultrasound.  started birth contol pill "alesse" just last month and so far,no period yet, about 4 days delay now  (whereas in the last 2 cycle i was bleeding very heavily for weeks and weeks).  my question is , how long have you been on the pills before the cyst went away/and then came back?  have you had problems with your period while you were on the pill?  thanks.

ps. i don't post here often but i come here everyday for support and gather information. this road of ovca can be a short or a long road for us but it does help knowing  that i am not walking this road alone.... this site is truly a blessing and all the women here who have been sharing their experiences and knowledge.  I APPRECIATE YOU ALL VERY MUCH........
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.