Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Haveing laparotomy surgery Monday

Hi, everyone!  I just wanted to say that I very much enjoy this site.  It is almost as good as going to the doctor(but cheaper)lol.  Anyway, I have posted before on the surgery I'm haveing, I'm off the see the WIZARD this Monday.  He said I will be in the hospital 4 to 5 days.  I have had a number of surgeries, but I seem to be so much more scared this time. Doc. says there is some much scar tissue, along with the mesh, ovary,tube and cyst twisting together, that it will take around 4 to 5 hurs from start to finish to complete surgery. Please I'm asking all to Pray. Anyway,my question this time is, does anyone have some ideas on what to do when I get home.  I have two girls, soon to be 14 and 10.  I'm going to be laying in the living room on pull out couch.  I do have a Laptop PC so I will be able to get on here to chat, with all you GREAT ladies.  I'm just wondering what I can do with my children, instead of asking them to get me this and that every few minutes. Also my oldest daughter birthday will be on July 16th had plans, but the doc decided to change them for me.  Any ideas on what I can do for her know, since I will not be able to move around long enough to do anyhing she likes to do.  Sorry, I went on and on, just nervous energy I guess. And Remember, God Loves Us All! And I believe he has blessed everyone on here.  Love All Of You and wishing you al well.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey there.  If you have time, just get her presents and stuff now and have her bday celebration now.  Don't worry about asking the kids to help.  My daughter is 13 and my son is 10 and they love waiting on me!! (couldn't believe it myself, but it's true)  Also, make sure you take some time out for you before the sx.  If you like to read, stock up on plenty of books.  I've read plenty since my sx 6/27/06.  I also slept on the pullout in the living room since we have a water bed and it just was not comfortable at first.  Too hard to get out of!  
Also, to help with the cooking, just fix and freeze stuff that the kids can take out and just heat up.  Mine even planned out menus and have cooked a meal or two.  Remember that you will need to rest and recover and not do anything too soon.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I agree with Tascha, my sons were a huge help.  I will definately be praying for you.  Please let us know how things go.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
146110 tn?1247150090
I can understand your worry.  I have 4 childre ages 4, 5, 12 and 16 and I will be having sx soon.  I am just waiting for a date.  I have come up with the following ideas.  Movies and lots of them!  Also, a craft project to do together that is easy but fun.  Since you have daughters, making some jewelry would be fun.  Just stop at the craft store and pick out a how to book and some beginning supplies.  I do agree with the good book idea too!  Good luck and I will be praying for you! :)

Laura
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all your ideas!!  My oldest daughter had her dad buy her some poker chips today...lol she said she wants to learn to play poker and rummy.  And my youngest daughter bought us all coloring books with crayons, she said since I will not be working or cleaning the house all the time I will have time to color with her.  Anyway, thanks again for all your help and will be back after I have returned for the hospital.  God Bless You All
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.