Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
140437 tn?1215109742

Finally

... I can just about manage to prop myself up in front of this thing :) I have missed you all sooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Didnt have the best hospital experience so its not fair to share but on a positive note you start to forget all the horribles very quickly indeed. My surgeon said its not a dermoid he isnt sure what it is because he didnt want to cut into it. They only took my right ovary and falopian tube along with the cyst so I guess he is feeling positive, I am still twitchy though till the path results.

Lost alot of weight, over a stone in fact, so I need to put a little back on. Wound is beautiful, my surgeon was an artist he did a really really fantastic job. There will only be a very thin white scar so dont worry ladies laparotomy doesnt mean frankenstein.

BM dont go there lol. Had to go back to hospital yesterday for an enema. I am taking lax now but still its a struggle. My wrist is still numb from the IV hope there isnt permanent nerve damage there, anyone else experienced this?

I could go on and on but obviously it will all come out over time (hopefully the same can be said about the bm too lol)

Still not to sure about the do's and dont's you can do a little bit after a couple of weeks, that cracks me up what exactly is a little bit, a little bit of what tut lol!

Anyway love you love you love you alllllllllllllllll so much mwa mwa

Anna x
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Happy dance for Anna-maria!!!
The Colace (or it's generic version) definately helps.
I had the numbness in the wrist from the IV area. Mine was because they had tried one spot and it kept slipping through the vein, and I had a big hematoma there for a bit. They told me that the hematoma pressed on nerves and would make them numb for awhile.
I was pretty drugged up by the time I noticed it and started poking at it... they made me stop, so I asked what it was. That's apparently what they told me (through my mother, since I was too loopy to remember anything! lol)
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Nice to have you back - and that all went so well!
Helpful - 0
Welcome to the RS!
I will ditto another poster who said colace to soften things up. Unfortunatly, I needed an enema to get things going as well and it wasn't as bad as I thought.
Sorry the hospital experience wasn't that great though.
Helpful - 0
Anna,
I know you're so glad it's over. Hope everything comes back A-OK with your pathology report. Take it easy and get lots of rest. My pain meds left me very constipated too. You should try some stool softener like Colace or eating figs w/ lots of water helped me lots. I was gonna say drink a milkshake or two to put some weight on... but milk will consitpate.:( I wish I had the problem of needing to gain a few pounds. hehe :)
The best to you.
hugs,
sippy
Helpful - 0
HAPPY DANCE THAT YOUR HOME AND DOING WELL..........U TAKE YOUR TIME HEALING UP!!

MANY HUGS
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
Thank you for writing to us...and welcome to the RS!  I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly, and will help erase the negatives you experienced.  Please, please, PLEASE take it easy with resuming activities!  Even beautiful-on-the-outside scars can get wonky on the inside if you overdo.  Now, enjoy some summer recuperation :)
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Tap, Tap, Tappitty tap, shuffle, shuffle, slide, shimmy, shake booty. There, I did the happy dance for you. Welcome to the RS!!!!!!!!! As for the little bit, your body will let you know what you can do, but no lifting!!! And since I'm in the states, how much is a stone of weight in pounds?
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
Hi Anna... Glad to hear you are doing well! I'm sure your path reports will come back just fine - it sounds like you had a pretty good surgeon. I'm glad your wound looks good - they heal up surprisingly fast! My wrist was numb, but only in the hospital - once they took the IV out, it felt so much better. I'm sure it's nothing permanent, but mention it to your Dr if it's still bothering you a few days from now. The BM thing - LOL, I know exactly what you mean! I had to take senna cot and stool softeners almost daily - I will never take normal functioning bowels for granted ever again! It's amazing how being backed up can make you feel so crappy (sorry, no pun intended!) Don't push yourself too much this week - do what you feel you can - every day gets a little bit better! Glad to hear from you!
Becky
Helpful - 0
You sound like you are about where I was two weeks ago.  I thought I would never feel like a human again.  This last few days things have improved to the point that I am getting bored.  House work was never my favourite but would like to be able to at least hall the landry basket down stairs.  My hubby has been great.  I would almost say he is enjoying being house hubby when he's home.  Hang in there.  It does get better.  I agree, though, don't push it.  I had a hernia repaired during my other surgery and do NOT want it to reoccur again.  Keeps me on the straight and narrow about not doing too much.  I know I will have to find something to keep me occupied this aft as hubby watches final soccer match.  I didn't care about scars and its a good thing.  I could put a little model train on one side of my abdomen, on the staples, and it could run right across and down my other side.  I just don't want to hook up and electric current to the staples to do it.  Remember day by day.
Helpful - 0

Hi Anna

Glad to hear you have sorted out the BM.  Not a good feeling with a scar like ours.  I'm on the iron tablets so am eating high iron and high fibre diet (dried apricots and mango seem to be helping).

We will have to take it one day at a time.  Still sleeping loads.

Viva Italia!
Helpful - 0
Welcome back--you were equally missed--glad you are up to posting!
Helpful - 0
Whooo hooo, I'm very psyched for you. I know the path is B9. I just do.

L.
Helpful - 0
Welcome to the RS.  I hope that you are feeling 100% soon.  I know how hard it is to sit around and let everyone else do the work, but you really do need time to let yourself heal.  As the other ladies were saying, NO LIFTING!!.  I will continue to pray that your path report comes out well.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
So glad you are home and on the RS!!  Doing the Happy Dance too.  Soon all of those bad memories will fade, along with the scar.  You will be back to your old self before long.  Just make sure you take it easy and rest.  This is your time as the princess, so don't even lift a finger!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.