Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

6 weeks post op laproscope ooph

Hi to all,
Even though I had my surgery and everything was benign, thank God, I still read this board everyday. I feel like I know so many of you after the past year. I am 6 weeks post op from having both ovaries removed and a few endo cysts. The past 2 weeks I have begun to swim and work on stomach muscles that were once there:-) The past two days, I have had intense pain like before surgery when I had hemmorhagic cysts that would rupture.
I also have an intense burning inside around my belly button. All 5 of my scars have healed and I passed my post op exam. My only other symptoms are extreme exhaustion and the ability to sleep all the time. My temp has been around 99 but with the hot flashes from surgical menopause maybe that is normal. I am on the Climara estradiol patch and that has taken the falshes from > than 15 a day down to one or two. So I cannot complain about that !
My question is this, with everything looking ok on the outside can something be brewing on the inside. I still have knots of the stitches on the outside of all my lap wounds. Doc said these will fall off on their own eventually.

I would appreciate any of your experitse on this. Blessing to all of you ladies.  Meemsma
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Meemsma!  Welcome to the Forum!  You are wise to monitor your temps just now, what a rousing time for the old hormones!  Mary53 is a font of knowledge on managemnt of menopause, try doing an "Edit" and "Find" on "Mary53"  Meems, she's got first-hand info!  MV
Helpful - 0
Though I don't know about surgical menopause (I do however, know about the normal one!), my gut feeling is that your temp should NOT be raised, at least not unless you are in the middle of a hot flush(I can't say I have ever checked my temp when inthe middle of one). Maybe someone else knows something I don't know, but a raised temp.......? I certainly don't have that all the time though I am in my menopause.
Helpful - 0
I had intense burning with my surgeries. That diminished after a while. It seemed like forever, though. Just know the pain will go away.

Still working on stomach muscles,
Danielle
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
Surgical menopause is the pits! I was 26 when I went through it, and it has been one crazy rollercoaster of ups and downs. I remember my Dr taking my temp at the hospital and it was slightly elevated during a hot flash - it's smart for you to keep an eye on it though. Good luck with your hormones!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Remember, you are only 6 weeks post op.   You have had a lot of internal tissue trauma and you still need to let your body heal.  You may have overdone it.  Monitor your temp and keep your dr. informed.  Also, try to take it easy for the next couple of days.  If the pain goes away, then you know that you indeed did overdo it.  It can take up to 1 year for your body to completely heal from the surgery.  As for menopause, yep it sucks alright, but Mary53 is so informative when it comes to bioidenticals, you should try to find her posts in the archives.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.