Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Spotting

I am presently 1/2 way through my 2nd line chemo treatment.  Last Thursday I woke with terrible low back pains, then last evening I began spotting.  I had a complete hysterectomy last August.  I woke this morning with more spotting, and , crazy as it sounds, cramping just as if I was having a period.   What is this???  I have a call into my gyn/onc office, and I am waiting by my phone for an answer or something.  A chemo nurse I spoke with said that it is remotely possible that my coumadin ( I take because of my port) could have something to do with it.  My question is....what is in there bleeding?????   When I had my comlete hysterectomy and biopysy....they took everything.  Always something new popping up, eh?  anyone with any past experience with this?  Thanks for any help.  Careylyn
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have a physical exam with my gyn/onc tomorrow (Thursday).  The dr's PA didn't know what it was from, and she said as long as I wasn't "gushing"....(if I was then I should go straight to ER), the dr would be able to explain to me on Thursday at my exam.  On well, I will not let it worry me, it is what it is...just as all the rest of the ovarian cancer is.  I take each day and am greatful for it.  :)  Peace to both of you.  Thank you for your concern.
Helpful - 0
HI,
I was wondering if you found out was the cause of your spotting?
I am asked continusly by ny Doc if I am spotting. I never have.... Hope everything is ok!
Kathy
Helpful - 0
I am wondering about your back pain. Could it be possible you have a urinary tract infection. Take care and let us know how you are doing. Hugs. Erika
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.