Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

WHY DO I STAY SOOOO COLD

AFTER A TAH WHY DO I STAY SOOOOO COLD...I'VE HAD FEW HOT FLASHES...BUT, I STAY SOOOOO COLD....LIKE COLD FLASHES...BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I'M IN MY 3RD WEEK...IS THIS NORMAL??
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
THAT IS WONDERFUL NOT TO HAVE A PERIOD...YAHOOOOOOO...LOL
Helpful - 0
Today (Wed) is five weeks since my TAH.  I would much rather have the cold flashes too, but it seems I get many more hot ones.
I guess I can rejoice in never having my period again right?

sippy
Helpful - 0
OH, AS FOR AS THE thyroidS...YEP ALL CHECKS OUT FINE....

Helpful - 0
They whine about a prostate check. Honestly :)

L.
Helpful - 0
THANKS ALL!!!!

I'M NOT ON ANY HORMONES...IF I CAN DO THIS WITH JESUS DOING THE LEADING ....THEN I AM...I PRAY THAT GOD WILL SUPERNATURALLY BALANCE MY HORMONES....

SOMEONE SAID...SOME  HAVE HOT FLASHES AND SOME HAVE COLD....IS IT WHERE SOME WOMEN REALLY RARELY HAVE HOT FLASHES AND MORE COLD???

SIPPY HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOUR SURGURY...I KNOW THE FEELING ABOUT TRYING TO GET WARM..THIS MORNING I CHECKED MY TEMPERTURE, BECAUSE I WAS UNDER 2 QUILTS AND STILL FREEZING...MY TEMP WAS 97.1  BURRRRRRRRR.....
I GOT UP AND TOOK A WARM BATH...AHHHHHHHHHH DEFROST....

I'D RATHER THE COLD FLASHES THAN THE HOT ONES...

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU...YAW ARE GREAT!!!
Helpful - 0
It does sound like the ol' hormones are out of whack!  Have you had your thyroid checked recently?  Men just don't realize how lucky they have it, do they?  

Shawn
Helpful - 0
I had an ovary removed a year ago, and I deal with hot flashes many times per day. It gets so old let me tell you...and I live in ARIZONA, but still, even when im in my house, I get them, and it feels like its 115 inside my house too!
Helpful - 0
DO YOU EVER HAVE COLD ONES??
Helpful - 0
I get both hot and cold flashes.  I have trouble sleeping at night and wake up sweating. When I fall back asleep I usually wake up really cold and it takes me awhile to get warma again...It's a vicious cycle.  Does anyone know how long these last?  I'm not on any hormones-my doctor says too many risks.
Hope you're feeling better everyday ma-rabbit.:)

sippy
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Yep, it is normal.  Some women flash hot, others cold.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.