Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Another update...

I posted on my last thread but it's waaaaaaaaaaaay down there so here it is again:

Well I had my second transvaginal u/s today and it has shrunk by half. The tech said there seems to be stuff inside. I could see it myself and it looked like fuzzy matter floating inside..not sure how to explain it. I asked her if there could be matter inside from shrinking and she said it was possible. Is this true? I went to a different hospital this time cause this one was closer so I guess I'm getting 2 different opinions. She did an echo recording(not sure what it's called but I could hear inside me). I also have a cyst on my right ovary (2cm) and she said that one is a simple cyst.

So I guess I wait to see what the gyn/onc thinks of the results. I'm thinking it will be a wait and see unless he sees something questionable on the scans.

The tech did ask if the dr. thought it was a hemorrhagic cyst and I told her he didn't use those words. So I am thinking they were thinking it was blood inside? Could this be the case?

I'm feeling more relieved knowing it's going down. I hope this is a good sign.

Thanks again for listening!
Dianne
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The gyn/onc office just called me and he said it has shrunk. It is now 7cm and he would like another u/s in 4 weeks. I asked her why they seemed concerned so she read through his note and all she could find was "thick walled vascular" She said he didn't put down that he was concerned, if he was he would have wrote that he was concerned."

Ok so what does that mean? I know vascular is related to vessels. So the vessels have thick walls. Is this good or bad? Anyone know?

Can I breathe a sigh of relief yet or is it too soon?

Dianne
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies. I'm a little tender from her poking around in there yesterday. The first u/s was more gentle. Anyone else get tenderness after the transvaginal u/s?

Dr. hasn't called yet. I'm sure he doesn't have the report quite yet. They mailed the films out while I was there so hopefully he'll have them soon. I'm patiently waiting and hoping for a good outcome.

If I don't hear by 3pm today I'll call cause I believe she said they'd have them the day after it was done.

Crossing my fingers until then.

Dianne
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Yep, sounds like good news to me too.  Keep us posted!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
It sure seems like things are looking up for you.  I would say that it is good news that it is shrinking.  I know how hard the wait can be, but just try to relax and see how the doc feels about it.  Keep us posted.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.