Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doctor appt. bumped--still worried--feeling down

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a couple of weeks,and I apologize if I'm sounding whiny, but I just need to vent a little I guess.Just for hx. sake, I have a complex cyst on my left ovary. Anyway, my doctor appt. to discuss likely surgery was to have been this morning, but was rescheduled to July 18th because he wanted me to have a barium enema study done before my follow up with him. Well, I had the BE this morning, and I can honestly say I will NEVER do that again...woohoo...talk about cramping and pain. Since June 19th, I've had a mammogram done which showed a B9 appearing nodule in my right breast, a U/S of that breast, follow-up with general surgeon just to get another opinion on the breast,a TVUS, a pelvic CT which showed the ovarian cyst and today a barium enema to determine what if any involvement my colon has with the ovarian cyst. On top of all this,for the past two weeks I've been battling a strep infection in my throat, sinuses and developed a "strep rash" (also known as Scarlet Fever)I am SO fried...then my husband called me a hypochondriac today! I feel like I'm spinning. It doesn't help that my emotions are running very high because on July29th of 2005 my mother passed away very unexpectedly, so that 1 year sad anniversary is right around the corner. I guess I'm just feeling down that my hubby doesn't seem to understand, and I want to get moving on this ovarian cyst and get the darn thing out! Is my hubby right? Am I over reacting to everything that's been going on?
Thanks!
Mandi
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
135691 tn?1271097123
Men never seem to understand, do they? Are bodies are so different than theirs - they certainly don't usually like hearing about womanly problems! I remember my Dad took me to my first appointment in Toronto to see my Gyne/Onc and on the way I asked him "do you even know what a gynecologist is?". Needless to say, once I explained it to him, he was mortified! I've never laughed so hard in my life. My Dad is sitting beside me and this Dr is asking all about my peroids - how frequent, how heavy, what the discharge is like. I had never seen a grown man squirm until that day! You know your body the best and you are not a hypocondriac - you have an awful lot going on right now. It's only normal that you would want to get this thing out of you, and be healthy. I'm also sorry that you had to have a barium enema - my girlfriend just had one and it doesn't seem like the most pleasant thing in the world! I hope your results from that come back good - please let us know. I'm also very sorry about your mother - that must have been very difficult for you and, no doubt, is weighing heavily on your mind now.
Take care, Becky
Helpful - 0
Hi Mandi, and welcome back.  I too know how you feel.  In April, I had my last ovary and cyst removed (had a complex cyst that was 9cm and attached to my bladder and bowels).  About a month after surgery I started feeling the lower back pain and lower abdomen cramping.  When I mentioned this to my gyn, she said that it is probably scar tissue, a herniated disk, or that I am just depressed and it is coming out in the pain that I am feeling.  She then sent me to the general surgeon who assisted her in my surgery.  He asked me to wait a couple of weeks and see how I feel.  When the pain got worse, he tested my gallbladder (which of course was boarderline)and said that maybe it was possible ORS and sent me BACK to my gyn.  She had never heard of ORS and I had to tell her what it was:(  She then sent me for a MRI of my lower spine and sent me back to my pcp.  He looked at the MRI and told me that I do have a buldging disk, but it was not responsible for my pain.  He got me an appointment with a gyn/onc for next Wednesday.  I went in today for a lump I found in my stomach (just a fat pocket:() so he sent me for a TVUS.  Low and behold they found that I DO have a cyst from the remnants of ovary that was left in.  I was so excited to find that I was not a NUTTY FRUIT CAKE and not a hypercondreact like everyone thought.  Listen to your body and do not settle for less.  Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to share my storry with you and let you know that youare not alone.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Mandi,
Only YOU knows how your body feels. I understand and sympathisize with over feeling so terribly and having a not so supportive husband. I have had 4 surgeries within 15 months and have had my share of crying and feeling alone. I am facing yet another surgery due to my complex cyst. *sigh* Know that you are NOT ALONE and that there are ladies out there that understand you and are here if you need a virtual shoulder to cry on anytime.
Melissa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.