Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

cysts and pregnancy cont

I am 36 and as of yet no children. We have been trying for 8 years now.

When I called for my pain medication yesterday the nurse states that I need to call Monday and make an appointment to see the doctor.  She states that they would like to put me on birth control and Lupron for a couple of months to give the left ovary a break.

I am not thrilled about the BC because it make me tachycardic but am willing to try it for 2 months.
Really not sure about the Lupron.

Do you all have any ideas why both?
At my age I am afraid of Lupron (thinking that I may not come out of menapause)what do you think?
I know that there can be fairly bad side effects with it.
Do you all think that maybe it is time for me to give up and go ahead and get a full hystorectomy?

Please be honest I am not afraid of bad experiences it will make my decsions more informed.

Thanks so very much.
Terri
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can get pregnant while having cysts. However, you may need a egg enhancing drug to help push the egg out after it is fully developed.

I believe the difference b/t the two drugs u mentioned is lupron would help w/ endo and bc pills would help to surpress the cysts u have now. good luck
Helpful - 0
I would like to apologize.  The more I thought about this the more I realize it was totally out of line for me to post.  How stupid I feel. I read daily and posted often before finding out my results, I guess I am at awe of the support you all have for each other and was thinking of myself.  Ladies please accept my dearest apology.

Terri
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your reply. I will email you later.  But after reading my own post realized I forgot my main question LOL.  Is it true that as long as you have cysts that you can not achieve pregnancy?  I have been told that I can hold a pregnancy if I could ever get an egg that does not cyst over.
Thnaks,
Terri
Helpful - 0
My docs would only let me try two non IVF cycles before we moved on to the big guns (of course, I was a little older, but I had far fewer problems: "unexplained infertility" i.e. old eggs). You do NOT want to pour those drugs into your body more times than you have to.

And, BTW, I did Lupron four cycles, and started back up like clockwork every time.
Helpful - 0
infertility is a difficult situation.  I'm on this forum because of my mom's ovca, but I'm an infertility veteran.  You need to find out if your problems are related to your ovaries or to your uterus' ability to carry a pregnancy.  If your doc feels you can carry a pregnancy and giving birth is important to you, you might want to consider egg donation.  Many, many woman with ovarian issues have created wonderful families this way.  On the other hand, if your endo has compromised your uterus, it would be tragic to go through any kind of IVF and lose a pregnancy.

If you've been trying, with a doctor's help, for 8 years, I would STRONGLY suggest a second opinion.

Since this is off topic, feel free to email me at ***@****

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.