Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Conflicting Reports

Hi! I'm new to this forum and had a question for you guys. I am 28 with one son,had a complete hysterectomy over a 2 year period. I've have still been in pain and have had about 5 diagnostic since I first became ill in 2000 and had my first surgery. Since then,I developed a cyst which was found in the ER in 2004. It was removed laproscopicly but the pain never went away. I only got worst and after bieng in and out of the hospital bieng tested from top to bottom another cyst was found 6 months later. I had another surgery but this time they did a c section cut and removed scar tissue,cyst and a few onces of fluid. Since then I've still been in pain,in and out of the hospital,getting the stares and dealing with rude doctors ect. About 3 months ago I started spotting and went to the ER in horrible pain,had a sonogram and was told bt the ER doc that my ovaries were the problem (what ovaries?) I told her I had no overies and we got into a heated debate. She finally read my exstensive chart and apologized stating that they were cysts. I followed up with my OB/GYN that put me on LUPRON injections. I was still in pain and now have to deal with all the side effects. Went back to doc on Monday and had a vaginal U/S which the doc told me he didn't see any cyst but I was full of Fluid(A LOT)He decieded that he needs to go in with Laprascope to find out why I have the fluid but I had to wait a few weeks. I went to ER on Thurs. and was told my blood and U/A were a little abnomal but didn't indicate cancer. Have any of you had this problem with the fluid?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I finally got my surgery date!It's going to be on the 31st of this month.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the info guys and yes it is ascites,where from no one knows. As for Lupron side effects..... I've had breast tenderness,skin changes,weight gain, and loss of appetite.I'm still waiting on a surgery date.
Helpful - 0
The fluid.... Possibly acites?
Good luck with the Lupron... If you're willing, would you share info on the effects with me? I nearly chose the Lupron for my endo, and decided against it because I wanted to have something else to go to if the Depo shot wasn't effective enough.
Hang in there, and keep us posted!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
I had fluid in what they call the cul de sac.  Mine come from ruptured cysts.  Fluid can be from lots of things.  Mine had went away by the time we did my lap.
Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.