Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Possible Endometrioma Cyst

According to the Dr's notes this is what I may have.

Do they shrink and go away or do they return?  Has anyone had one shrink on it's own? What helps keep them away if they do return? And what are my fertility chances?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Dianne
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was interested to read the other comments posted on this as I was diagnosed with endometrioma cysts following a laparoscopy yesterday.  I am so confused right now (see other post) and have learned more from reading these comments than anything my Consultant told me yesterday.  I know the comments on here and not meant to be used a serious dignoses and that they are simply the experiences of a wide variety of women's cases but they are very much appreciated, nonetheless, and I feel clearer in my mind on some levels having read them.  So thank you everyone.

I now understand that I DID have the cysts that were noted during my scan, but that these are endometrioma and that this has apparently filled up most of the area, from what my doc said after the op, including a type of "pocket" area (?) From what I can glean from general reading, even though I was very disappointed they didn't actually take anything away other than some samples for biopsy, they want to try and reduce them before they consider surgery. For this reason, I was given a Mirena Coil.  My frustration is that I hoped following yesterday's surgery was that I would get over the initial discomfort of the op and begin to feel better, whatever having been in there being removed.  This is obviously not the case and I have to wait to see if the hormone from the Coil helps before I can ask for surgery.

If anyone has any further info I would be very grateful

Hellen
x
Helpful - 0
Hi! Im 35yrs old, married and no kids yet. I have a problem with my two ovaries, my doctor said that i have an endometrioma cyst in my left ovary 3cm and right ovary 6.67cm. Now im undertreatment of injection pills for 3 months for monthly injections. Im in my last injection last July 25, 2009. After that i will have an transviginal ultrasound on Aug 31.

Is there a possibility to cleansed my endometrioma cyst thru injection pills? i hope so... And my fertility chances can i bear a child? cause i want to have a child.

Thank you.

Ann
Helpful - 0
I was having abdominal pain for the past couple months in addition to weight gain, nausea and vomiting. I thought I was pregnant because I had a very light periods the last few months but kept taking PT and they all came back negative. Long story short I went in and had an ultra sound and found that one of my ovaries has a 5 inch my 6 inch cyst (yes inches) on it.

I have had a regular cyst before that went away on its own but this one has a solid part in it. The doctor said that it may be blood where it has twisted off and is bleeding into itself, or it may be tissue, and she wouldn’t know until I had it removed (yes the whole ovary) and a biopsy. I have no idea what this means, do you know what kind of cyst it maybe? Or how it will affect my fertility?

I am only 26 with one child and I am hoping to have more. Thanks, Adrienne
Helpful - 0
I just had a laparotomy last week to remove a 5 cm complex cyst that turned out to be an endometrioma. On the ultrasound, it appeared as part solid/part fluid. Also on that ultrasound, I had one on my other ovary that appeared to be a simple, fluid fill cyst and guess what...it turned out to also be an endometrioma. I had very small, minimal growths on my bladder and bowel. My tubes are completely clear, my ovaries look great now, and my uterus is great, too. I had no scarring. My doc was shocked to find Endo.

You won't know how mild or severe your Endo is until your doc can get in there to look around, so its hard to answer how it will affect your fertility. However, let me tell you, that ever since I found out I had to have surgery, I have had my fertility on the brain, too. I was very upset when I found out I had Endo because of all the mixed (and mis) information I had been finding out on the internet. My doc tells me that as long as you have no, or minimal, scar tissue, your ovaries are mobile, and the tubes aren't blocked, that Endo will not be a factor in your ability to have babies. If you have scar tissue, it can be removed. Keep the faith, stay positive, and remember there are SO MANY things they can do these days. I have a lot of friends with relatives with Endo who have all had babies.

God Bless,
Jessica
Helpful - 0
So far mine has shrunk. It was about half the size on my last u/s. So I wonder why he thinks that's what it is if they don't shrink.

I'll have my second u/s the 7th of August. Maybe we'll know more after that.

It's been a stressful road and I'm hoping it will go down and stay down for awhile.

Thanks for answering I appreciate it.

Dianne

Helpful - 0
I had an endometrial cyst removed on 5/17. They do not go away on their own... sorry. It should be removed, if possible. Mine had actually ruptured, meaning I now have endometriosis and will have to deal with it now.
Endo cysts can also be mistaken (and vice versa) for dermoid cysts, but they cannot accuratly tell which one it is without actually looking at it (meaning inside during surgery). The only way you can really tell if it's dermoid or endometrial is if you can see bone or teeth on x-rays.
Hang in there... If you have any more endo questions, post!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.