Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
136956 tn?1688675680

cyst growing when on birthcontrol

Just wondering if it is possible for another cyst to develop when you are birth control?  I am taking it continously.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think it is possible for a cyst to develope when using bcp.  I was on bcp to treat a small cyst, and instead of shrinking, it grew.  I am sure someone with more experience will be along soon.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
118225 tn?1278654940
Hey, i Just wanted to stop in, hopefully to ease ur mind a bit.  I have had 2 ovarian cysts, complex ones that resolved on there own after 6 weeks, they were believed to be hemmorhagic cysts....I got both of those cysts while taking BCP, right as i should have....i asked my dr why, when BCP is supposed to stop it...he told me it is possible my body is just proned to cysts, and I have had 2 of them, but maybe with BCP i might have had 20, you know i mean? not everyones body is text book.  My best friend had a cyst years ago and went on BCP, it went away, but now she has another one, and she hasnt stopped taking it, so yes you can get harmless cysts while taking BCP...my dr suggested if it keeps happeneing to switch to a higher dose.
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
All I can say is dont be surprised by anything a cyst does. I wouldnt bat an eyelid if mine got a cab home, knocked on my front door, and came in to do the washing up!

Anna x
Helpful - 0
You know my personal experience has been nothing worked to prevent my cysts I have been trying for 6 yrs and I am only 24. I have tried the IUD, Depo, BCP, surgery. We have decided to just get rid of the ovary. However each person is different, there have been alot of women that bcp have worked for. It's a matter of trial and error with these pesky things.
Amber
Helpful - 0
LOL Anna!
Wouldn't that be nice, if the cysts were useful for a change!
ROFL
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.