Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ok here goes after 3 transvangial U/S Cat Scan of pelvic area and stomach and colonoscopy and mammo.I am now scheduled for a D&C for post menopuase bleeding that I had back in April. At that time 1st U/S showed 3 cm septated cyst and .09 cm uterine stripe. Ct Scan showed narrow colon so that's why my onco/gyn wanted colonoscopy yesterday which turned out fine. Gastro doctor actually asked my permission to use pictures becuase I have the prefect colon.And the narrowing was my colon contracting as CT Scan was done.Lucky me one in a million chance of that happening and I had it. (To bad it wasn't the lottery)So after listening to all you ladies here I decided to do it right go to a onco/gyn and let them take care of it.last U/S showed cyst same size and uterine stripe same .09cm So now she wants to do a D&C to see what else maybe be going on. Is this normal? I am scheduled for August 9th. All tumor markers (blood work)where normal except the 27.29 which was 78 normal being 36.Which she now thinks is a fluke and will repeat.Her nurse called me today and told me it is a one day thing if all is normal if not then could be a longer stay. what does that actually mean?She thinks I have a polpy in uterus that caused the bleeding.I do have light cramps at times and gas.Any info would be apperciated.
Thanks
Linda
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The cyst itself can cause the bleeding. Why does she think you have a polyp?

Linda J
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Linda,
  Big Cyber schriek for you my Cyster!
AAHHHHHHHHGRRRRRRRRRRRR?GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEUAAGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEO!
     It helps in a momentary way!.  So you have manged to stump an ONC!  Yowsa!  I am glad she will repeat the labs, perhaps new info will surface.  That's why I am guessing your Dr. wants to do the confusing D&C, to see if she can gain more info.  Guess I'd understand that but would ask directly why not an exploritory Lap?  The cyst may be only an inch or so but it is not going anywhere!  Hag Tough Linda and do a real primal schreik!  With all the waiting you have endured, you deserve a bit of release!  MV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.