Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Complex cystic and solid lesion of the right adnexa

Just got my US results and was diagnosed with the following:
1) In the right adnexa, there is a complex cystic and solid lesion measuring 4.2x3.1x3.3 cm.  Minimal vascularity is apparent in the solid appearing component and there is a small calcification also confirmed by xray. The mass may represent an ovarian dermoid.
2) In the left ovary, there is a completx cystic lesion measuring 2 cm maximally likely representing a hemorrhagic cyst.

My OBGYN does not think that any of my symptoms are due to the above, and does not want to perform surgery until other tests are run (particularily on my bowel). I have not received my CA125 results back yet.

Anyone else out there know what the diagnosis means? Should I be worried?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm no expert, but a dermoid cyst and a hemmoraghic cyst sound benign to me.  The good thing is that these are caught early and you can be watched and assessed.  I certainly wouldn't rush to surgery until there was reason to.  Dermoid cysts are almost always benign, and if they see calcification, it seems like that would be a dermoid cyst.  And a hemoraghic cyst might go away on its own.
Be diligent like you are, but try not to worry just yet.  The doctor on the other forum has said they generally worry the most about cysts over 5 cm, complex and with solid components.  I don't see you have any of that right now.
Take good care of yourself and take a deep breath for now.  If that is possible.  I know it is all very scary.
Helpful - 0
Just to clarify, you do have a complex cyst, but it seems so clearly a dermoid because of the calcification.  Anyway, keep up the due diligence!
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your encouraging comments.  I feel MUCH better!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.