Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mucinous Ovarian with low malignant potential

This is Den. My wife is scheduled to have an appointment with her doctor today. just as the first time we saw a obgyn, we are still afraid of what he is going to say to us this time.
About a little over a year ago, my wife was diagnosed as having a borderline mucinous ovarian tumor and the doctor was talking about appendix and some good news that it was actually more of benign than malignant. it was taken out when she gave birth to our first son, Andres. she was then asked to have a regular checked up every six months.  just this year, they found another cysts in her right ovary. Rose, my wife just had a series of exams and now we are about to discuss what they have found out.  hwoever just a week ago my wife was tested positive that we are again having another baby.
we are crossing our fingers that everything will be fine and that my wife wont be having a hard time dealing with it.
I just posted this because i want to hear from anyone of you who has a similar situation.
i need to hear from you the soonest.  i believe we are a very beautiful couple having a beautiful family.  we want to stay this way until we reach our golden age... tahnk you
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Definitely, see my answer above, she is going to be JUST FINE!  As long as they can watch this, if it behaves benign during the pregnancy, no problem.  It is a "watch and wait" thing.  If it behaves dangerously, well then they can decide something different then.
By the way, more info, I also have normal cysts, just because I've had two of these borderline tumors, doesn't mean every cyst has been. During last week's surgery, they removed a completely normal functional cyst from the left ovary.
They also removed my appendix.  This is because I guess it is a common site where these tumors can appear.  
Really, from what I can tell, this is just a benign situation that has to be watched and eventually removed, but eventually means "years" from my experience.
Have a blessed, wonderful STRESS FREE pregnancy, and see that gyn/onc as soon as you are able to.
Helpful - 0

Post a question to her.
Helpful - 0
thank u for ur reply.. how can i contact grateful06?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.