Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Den Rose

Hi there, I answered your posts below, but now I don't see my answers.  Let me know if you receive them.
Your wife will be OK!  Nothing should be done but she should be watched by a gyn/onc during pregnancy.
These tumors act benign, and therefore my gyn/onc thinks they should be called benign.  
For the doctor apt, get us much info as you can, and just ask what they recommend.
I know I wouldn't have agreed to surgery during pregnancy, unless they made a very good case of why it was necessary.  
Just don't see any of my answers, so wanted to touch base.  Your wife will be OK, she just has to try not to stress out, and grow a healthy baby.  This is not a doom and gloom scenario, I promise you!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also, there is a very nice poster here named Chrissygirl who had a borderline serous (not muconous like your wife had) tumor removed during pregnancy, I think the reason was because the symptoms from it were unbearable.  The baby was FINE and it sounds like she is doing very well through the pregnancy.  It is a different type of tumor though, so you can't make a direct comparison, but I bet she would be a great resource for you.
Helpful - 0
thanks... yes she has a muconous ovarian tumor LMP.  Also it was discovered during her pregnancy and was removed during delivery by her ob/gyn.  after the delivery the doctor  told me that the cysts looked like benign but she needed to hear from the pathologist.  and my wife was refered to obgyn/onco who gave us the news of hte outcome from pathologist that it was indeed muconous ovarian tumor LMP.
now with the second pregnancy, we hope that the cysts they found out during series of exams are not serious and not things to be worried about.
my only concern now is that since it is already over a year now when the removal of the cysts was done, could it be possible that the cysts rucurring would be cancerous again in nature?  is it still the same type of cysts?  
another concern is that the cysts found out before were only concentrated in the right ovary, now they saw another one in the left... whatever recommendation we will get, we need to wait until next week, according to the doctor..
Helpful - 0
Sounds just like me, wow!
My left ovary was involved during the pregnancy.  Then 18 months later it was my right ovary taken out (last week) and it was all the same type of tumor, which is the exact same tumor that your wife had.
There is no reason to suspect cancer.  If they watch it, they can see how fast it grows, what it looks like, etc.  I would just venture a guess that it is benign, or another borderline tumor.
Borderline really is not associated with cancer, it is just that a very small percentage of them turn in to cancer.  I was given the statistic of 1%.  That means that your wife and I had a 99% chance of having a benign non cancerous borderline tumor.
THAT is why this category confuses me, because some doctors take these borderline tumors very seriously as a subset of cancer, when it seems that the data supports that 99% of them act benign, and are benign.

So, confusing yes, but I am thinking your wife will be just fine, and eventually the new tumor will have to be removed if it doesn't go away, but like I said, it was 18 months later that mine was removed.

Glad you are doing OK otherwise, and you have a gyn/onc to consult with.  Congratulations on the new pregnancy!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.