Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Repost: Please help...5 weeks post-op and having pain.......

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the repost, but I really would like to get some opinions...thoughts...on what I am experiencing.

Mary 53 was very thoughtful and gave me some good information on a particular technique that I may want to try (thank you Mary 53! I will look into trying the technique). But, I would really like for some more people to give me their thoughts on this......

I had a laparoscopic left ovarian cystectomy on June 13. A fairly large benign (thank goodness) mucinous cystenoma was cut out of and removed/peeled from the inside of my left ovary. The ovary was left unsutured, so that it could heal on its own. My ovary was VERY stretched out around the cyst.

I was beginning to feel much better around the 3-4 week of post-op, but a week ago I stared feeling quite a bit of 'internal pain' again. It actually feels very similar to the pain I experienced before the surgery. Most of the pain is on my left side (with the occasional right side pain). The pain is mostly dull, aching, throbbing, crampy with the occasional stabbing pain that last for 3-4 seconds (on left side). I am also cramping almost 2 weeks before my period. (Last month too)

I had my 5 week post-op on Thursday, July 20 and my Dr. seems to think that everything is "fine". She suggested that maybe scar tissue is forming. Does the formation of scar tissue cause this type of pain? Is this pain normal? How long should I be experiencing this sort of pain? Aargh...I just want to feel good again.

I am pretty WORRIED/nervous/scared about the pain.

Thanks for any info/advice/words of kind wisdom
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had a left ovarian cystectomy almost 2 years ago.  It HURT as it healed, and I was surprised about that.  I hope someone will come along with more specific advise or an experience to share.

My guess is that it is pain from the cystectomy, the ovary healing, possible adhesions that are supposed to be very painful, or some other potential cause that I can't fathom!  

I do think you are too far out for surgery complications, but if you have that inner voice telling you something is wrong, perhaps you can push for an MRI or ultra sound.  

I wish for you that this darn pain would go away, I know how you feel in just wanting to feel good.  Best of luck, and hopefully more people will post to help you out.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your kind words..... :~)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.