Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Nothing to do with ovarian cancer/just venting

Just needed to vent to someone & you lucky women are it... My mom is going in to gyn today for checkup; she's 63, went thru menopause in her early 50's and hasn't had a period for approx 10 years. So this month she had a 3 day period and another time the toilet bowl was full of blood when she went to the bathroom. So I search the internet & everything that comes up is uterine cancer. Throughout the years she's had several pap's that came back mild dysplasia (I don't remember stages) & freezing treatments to treat although this was years ago before menopause. I told her to have doctor do a biopsy right away and not to let him put her off. Any other suggestions of what she should make her doctor do? And also I told her to have doctor do a sonogram (they have never checked her ovaries).. Thanks all have a great day.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Prayers to your Mom! & to all the support/care givers!
Helpful - 0
Thank you for the info... My mom had her appointment and the doctor sent her the very next day for a biopsy. I'm very anxious to get the results but I know that everything will be ok.
Helpful - 0
My first diagnosis was a mass on the adrenal gland.  Same symptons as far as pain but she may need a scan specific to the adrenal glands and not just an abdominal scan.  According to what I read it would cause women who have been thru menapause to suddendly have a period out of the blue.  My prayers are with you.
Helpful - 0

My thoughts are with you and especially your mom at this awful time.  

Given that if they don't discover anything wrong with the cervix (which should be the first test done) then certainly her ovaries should be looked at.  Also a blood test to check for elevated oestrogen as this can cause the linning of the womb to thicken especially so in post menopausal women.

Take care.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.