Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CT SCAN

I just got home from my doctor's appointment and chemo treatment.  My doctor told me that my scan shows that the Doxil is working and that my tumor and lymph nodes are shrinking.  Well I thought that was great news until he told me that I was going to be on the Doxil until it stop working or my tumor and nodes shrink back to their normal size could mean a year.  He said that if the Doxil stops working he was going to give me Topotecan. Anyone taking Topotecan?  I am not thinking about this yet, I and still trying to get thru this second recurrance.  Do want a third one to happen.  Overall it is good news regardless.  I am just hoping and praying that this will be the last time around for me and chemo.  I am praying for a permanent remission for me and everyone on this site. For the ones that has a recurrance, has you doctor told you that remission would get shorter and shorter?

God Bless us all.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Gail,
     I am presently on my 2nd regime of chemotherapy, Topotecan.  My 1st was carbo and taxol(18 wks). Between these 2 regimes, I had a 5 week so-called "clear" with x-rays, CT scans, and PET scans....only to have my ca 125 #s rise when I went for a clinical trial application.  I am through 4 of the 6 cycles of of my Topotecan. This regime is scheduled to finish the 3rd wk of September.

My cycle with Topotecan:

1st wk   Mon - Fri   Topotecan ( IV )

2nd wk   Mon - Fri   Nupagin Shot (for low platelets)

3rd wk   "free"   except that everyother Monday, like clockwork, I go in for a shot of Aranesp (for Iron).  I am extremely anemic.

I have a bit of hair that grew in between my 2 regimes.  It immediately stopped growing with this Topotecan, but I didn't lose it.  Thank goodness.  The fatigue is really something with this drug...perhaps just the cummulative of it.  I have no words to describe the word fatigue anymore...lifeless is about it.  ugh.  Low platelets is very common with Topotecan, and I know I have learned of women needing blood transfustions ( I came close 2 wks ago).  Anyway, I am not trying to scare you, just giving you facts.  My prayers are with you.  Careylyn
Helpful - 0
Thanks Carelyn, I am not scared just need and looking for as much ammunitionas I can get.  My doctor told me if this was the case (3rd recurrance) I would get the chemo once a week whick I hope that this won't be the case.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.