Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

contractions from large cystic mass?

I am 27 years old and I have a large complex septated cystic mass in the right adnexa that is probably an ovarian mass measuring approximately 18.1 x 14.5 x 9.3 cm. I have almost all the symptoms I've been reading about but I'm also having what I'm guessing are spasms that feel like labor contractions. Has anyone else had this happen and should I be worried?

I was also wondering how long it usually takes to get in for surgery after something like this is found. Planned parenthood found it and sent me for an ultrasound. Took 3 weeks to get the results from that then I got referred to a real gynocologist by planned parenthood. They could not get me in for 4 weeks for that appointment. My appointment is monday August 7th so its already been almost 2 months and I'm in pain all the time. I look 4-5 months pregnant. I just want to know how much longer this should take. I do not have insurance and have to go through the clinic. I'm worried I'm going to get treated differently so I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about on monday so any advice on questions I need to ask or anything else would be very much appreciated.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Hi and welcome!  You should not be treated any differently just because you do not have insurance.  There are many agencies that can help you.  Your symptoms are typical of ovarian cysts.  Since yours is so large, it is pushing other organs out of the way and causing such pain and discomfort.  Although 99% of ovarian cysts, masses, and tumors are benign, you are wise in getting medical attention.  The true dx of the cyst cannot be made without pathology.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thank you Tascha. Do you know of any agencies in Ohio that could help me? I applied for medicaid in the past but my husband makes too much. I called and asked them if there was any type of temporary help, they said no. The hospital has medassist that will pay a percentage but we have to pay what is left within 6 months. Just the ultrasound is costing us over $1000, which sounds way too high to me, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that. I just don't know what to do. Like I'm not worried enough about the cyst and feeling so bad all the time, I gotta worry about not being able to pay the bills from it too, plus it just seems to be taking soooo long.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
If the pain gets to be really bad....go to the ER.  They cannot turn you down, and you should get the us right there.  If you have to exagerate your symptoms some what, then do so.  You need to look out for yourself, and try not to let this insurance mess worry you.  You can make payments as small as $5.00 per month to the hospital.  As long as they are getting paid, they don't worry.  Check with Dept. of Social Services too, there has to be something that can help.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.