Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Solid Hyperdensity in Ovary on U/S

Hi, I am 43 and post-menopausal.  I was diagnosed with Lobular Invasive Breast Cancer in the right breast Dec. '03.  It was caught early (1cm) and no lymph nodes.  I had 2 lumpectomies and Radiation.  I now hae lcis IN MY left breast.

Anyway, I had some post menopausal bleeding and had an ultrasound 4 months ago.  There was an apparent hemorraghic cyst, told to follow-up in 3 mo.  I had another episode of bleeding and had an u/s last week.  It now shows a "hypogenic, slightly hypoechoic, but solid hyperdensity inside my left ovary.  The rad report reccommended further eval with MRI.

I am having the MRI tomorrow, but my GYN has still not seen the test results because he was out of the office until today and it on-call today and tomorrow, so has not actually been to the office.  He then goes on vacation for a week.  He is usually very good about calling me, but nothing yet.

How concerned should I be about this mass?  My primary would only say to follow-up with the GYN.  I have the Rad report, but it shows no indication of what it (the mass) might be.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my mom had a ct done today and they found a ovarian hyperdensities. what is that? i am not fimiliar with the name.
Helpful - 0
Hey there...I had no real symptoms when I presented to a gyn to see if my uterus neded to be suspended due to multiple pregnancies...I felt pressure on the rectum and eventually on the bladder...turned out it was a grapefruit size tumor...IC....I do understand the fear that would be generated after having breast cancer....until your tumor is biopsied nobody can say with any certainty what is going on in there...all you can do now is continue with the tests and follow through with what ever course of treatment that you and your doctor decide on.....please do stay in touch....I will be scared and worry right along side of you....
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Edit to my last post... sorry for the typo.. dian.

Does this mass sound like it could possibly be malignant?
Helpful - 0
Thanks, dlan.  I only threw in the BC part for reference sake.  As I didn't know how much it would increase my risk of Ovarian Cancer.  I am diligent about keeping up with my docs with that.  Being in the Philaselphia area, we have some very good Docs.

I am just so confused on the mass in the ovary, I have never had any real menstrual issues before and the early menopause started with the rad treatments.  I hardly ever even had cramps!  When they diagnosed you, how did they find it?

Keep up the faith!
Helpful - 0
Hey there....dian here....I have no experience with the breast issues...I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer a year ago last April and finished my chemo last September 13th....I continue my quarterly check ups and blood work....so far so good.........YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.....make certain you consult with a gyn/oncologist and that he/she does your surgery....please do stay in touch...there are many women here who really do care and will reach out to help in any way possible...
Peace
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.