Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy

Hi Ladies,  I was just wondering if anyone on this board has had a Laparoscopic hysterectomy,and if so what is the recovery time vs a TAH.   I'm scheduled to have the lap hyster with possible TAH.  What is the recovery time in having either procedure.

Also has anyone ever order a book off the internet called " Happy Hysterectomy " its a email book....just wondering.  Can anyone recommend and good reads about surgical menopause OR does anyone wish to share there own experience.

thanks
Joan
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Hi there!  I had a vaginal hysterectomy, however there is the laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterctomy, is that what you are talking about?  I know that with my tvh, every thing went smoothly and recovery has been fairly easy.  You still will have lots of stitches on the inside, and only a few on the outside with the lap...you know for the small incisions that they make for the scope.  Keep us posted, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hello, my question is to those that had hysterectomy. How much does it cost to do it, total cost,(hostpital and doctor) may be AH. Thanks. Tired of waiting for the HHS people and trying to do whatever it takes to take the beast out, loan, sell my car, etc. I know that may not be enough, but just to start. All the organization that are funded for cancer treatment are bullshit, they don't help. Thanks you all, you are the best.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.