Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

gas and bad runs

Hi Ladies,
I usually am pretty constipated and have trapped gas but did a complete turn around one day last week and during last night I had BAD runs with trapped gas it went on 3 hours now it is coming and going. I took immodium AD to help stop it, my question to you ladies is do you think  it could be the tumor in my ovary causing this? I think it grew more cause I've been in more pain the past 3 days. Have anyone had this too who has / had a tumor? I have to wait till 8/21 till my laporotomy. I went to get my  pre-surgical testing done at the hospital yesterday and will see my intern later this week to clear the test results so my gynocologist can operate
Thanks,
Angelwings21
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
The tumor could be causing some gi problems for sure!!  I can tell you when I had my two dermoids I had terrible constipation followed by even worse diarhea.  The problem is that the tumors press on your bowels causing disruption.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi Tascha,
Thank you , I appreciate your answer to my question,I think the tumor may have grown more, like you mentioned the tumor must be pressing on my bowel, the runs are alot worse then the constipation ! I took so much Beano and Gas-X and hardly got any gas out, I tried hot tea also. I wish the gyno can move my surgery date up! The pain has been worse lately,I am going to try to call my gyno and see by luck hoping there is a cancelation so I don't have to wait till the 21st.
Thanks!
Angelwings21[Paula]
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I hope that you can get your surgery date moved up.  Pain should never be an option!  Call your dr. right away and let him know that you are available should a cancellation arise.  That way, he knows he can call you on shorter notice and get you in quicker.  Good luck and keep me posted!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi there, I had a serous cystadenoma removed in March (benign) and i too had terrible gas and constipation. I hope you can get your surgery moved up.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Hi Tascha,
I called my gynpcologist office, they hardly answer the phones , I left 2 messages today,usually the head nurse will call back they didnot - now they are closed so I HOPE they will tomorrow. When the nurse scheduled the operations date she said that is the only day available cause of the summer schedule, I PRAY they will have a cancelation. Between bad  pain and not knowing if it is cancer or not gets me tense at times.
Thank You Again !
Angelwings21[Paula]
Helpful - 0
Hi Linda,
Thank you for your thoughts, I left 2 messages with my gynocologist today they did not call back, I pray they have a cancelation to move up the surgery from 8/21 to SOONER. I am GLAD your cystadenoma was benign!
Thanks Again!
Angelwings21[Paula]
Helpful - 0
Hi Paula, glad you left the messages with the doc. Have you tried any Gas-X for the gas and bloating? I found it did help some.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Hi Linda,
Yes thanks, I got Gas-X , also took Beano with it, 18 hours later the mixture finally got rid of some of the gas. I never felt such gas pressure.
Thanks for the advise!
Angelwings21[Paula]
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.