Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
107366 tn?1305680375

Question for those Dx w/OvCa

Did any of you have an unexplained fever before you got your Dx?  About 10 months before I was dx, I had a fever nearly every day for about 2 months.  It would start in the early afternoon, and then break that night when I went to bed.  Of course, this would have probably made most people go to the doctor....but I'm not most people!  I just wondered if anyone else experienced that, and if so, do you think it may have had anything to do with the cancer?

Thanks,
Gail
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have an appointment next week.  I'll ask my doc about the cream, and about the fevers, too.  If it is related, you're right Christa...it could be something else for which to look out.

Thanks for your responses, ladies!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
i was charting my temp for ovulation/pregnancy purposes & i had a big spike right around the time i felt heavy ovulation cramps that triggered my visit to ob/gyn & found 10mm mass.
Helpful - 0
146110 tn?1247150090
I wonder if this is ok, but my gyn told me I could use over the counter progesterone cream.  It works great for the hot/cold flashes, but after reading your post I wonder if taking this is such a good idea.  I will need to ask the gyn/onc.  But, you may want to ask yours if progesterone cream could work for you.
Helpful - 0
Yipee, congratulations on a low ca125!  That's a surefire way to lift your spirits when you hear that low number.  I don't go in for another month or so to get that checked out.  I've been feeling ok with the exception of my joint aches and pains which I've just decided I need to learn to live with. Like I tell my husband, it isn't nausea or horrible fatigue so it's really no big deal. :-)  

Regarding the HRT, I know its tempting to take something for the blasted hot flashes; I am plagued with them, too.  But it isn't an option for me either, my gyn-onc says no way.  So it's just another phase with this disease that we learn to go along with.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, too!  Just as a heads up, you might feel a bit blue around that time.  I did simply because it reminded me of all the huge changes in my life that took place over the last year.  But the overriding feeling was extreme gratitude for my life being preserved.  You'll know what I mean...

:-) Christa
Helpful - 0
One thing that I had was itching of my feet and hands. So far everytime my cancer has come back this has been one of the first symptons.... odd. I never had a fever that I can remember. Everything sounds good for you Gail.. I will have a toast to you on the 29th...
kathy
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm doing pretty well these, days.  Thanks for asking.  Had a CA125 done three weeks ago, and it has fallen another 5 points, so I was happy about that.  Go back in next week for another one.  And they wonder why I'm anemic??  It's because every time I go to the doctor, they draw half my blood volume!  HA!  Tried to get set up with some HRT, but my doc didn't like that idea.  He says even though there is no proof HRT causes cancer, there hasn't been enough research done on women who have had advanced cancer, and he doesn't want to risk it.  I couldn't really argue with his logic.  But other than the night sweats, all in all, I'm feeling pretty good.  Hard to believe, but the 29th of this month is my one year "birthday"...the day I was diagnosed.  I figure it's my other birthday because it was the first day of my new life.  

How are you?  CA125 still looking good?  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
I know that is common for blood cancers such as Leukemia and Lymphomas

L.
Helpful - 0
Hi Gail, I'm not sure if I was ever febrile before the dx; I do remember feeling unwell.  Initially it was so vague that I just attributed it to turning 50 and didn't give it a second thought.  If only I could turn the clock back!  It would be a good question to ask your gyn onc.  If it is related, it would be another hallmark to get in earlier.  How are you doing these days?

:-) Christa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.