Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Toptecan not working

Hi Lady's
I'm going to start a new study for ov in September, triciribine will be the drug I'm testing. This drug was used in the 80"s but they now know if you have this Akt protein it will kill the cells. If this doesnt work I have just a few months to live. What a shock!!!! I have Lot's of hope with this study. I was on topotecan but it stopped working for me. My CA 125 is up to 3460.I live in Fl and I'm having it done in Moffitt cancer center Fl. I will keep everyone up to date on how it's working. I have to have my belly drained every two weeks. It's a pain to have this done, but it won't go down on it's own if the chemo's not working.
HUG Carol
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm new to this....but I will be praying for you and hope this works for you.  BE STRONG!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hey, C....I just saw your thread.  I was out of town.  MAN!!!! what news.  My prayer is that this clinical trial will be YOUR answer.  Many hugs are sent your way, and my heart is with you.  Careylyn
Helpful - 0
My Heart  and Prayers go out to you!!!  You have had such a rough time with the ascites and all. I am hoping that this next Treatment goes your way and you will be able to tell us years instead of months. You are Brave and Keep up the Fight!!!!
kathy
Helpful - 0
Hello...I am chiding in with my support, kiddo....it is so hard to believe all this stuff is actually happening to so many of us.....we walk together....all of us here share your burden....we are here for you.
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Thank you all, I'm going to keep up the hope. I know God is by us all. I'm so happy I found this place with so many people who are caring.
Who know's I may be the first to say, the chemo works.
Hugs to all.
Carol
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope this chemo is the answer, and you'll be feeling stronger again soon.  This is such a nasty disease, and you are very bravely fighting it...and I admire you for it!  Please continue to check in and let us know how you are doing as you feel up to it.  God bless!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Just letting you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope that the new chemo works for you.  Keep your chin up and never give up.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Carol:

I am terribly sorry that you have to go through all of this.  I can't even imagine how you must feel, but I do know from reading your posts that you are a very brave woman.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Shawn in Texas
Helpful - 0
Can they do surgery? We will pray for you Carol. Everything is for the best.
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Oh Carol,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. I am praying that the drug they are going to now try is the one that will take care of you and that you will be here with us for a long, long time.

Hugs back to you. We are here for you...I think you know that, but it is worth repeating.

Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.