Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

bloating

i have a dermoid cyst but and wake up looking 6mths pregnant but the time i go to bed i look 9 mths pregnant and feel stretched as if i a going to give birth to it  why is this????
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks dana

today i feel like im stretched to the limit and no clothes fit
i have to wear skirts with the zip not done up all the way.  its so frustrating.  do you have "larger Days" than others.  why is this i wonder.

hope u have a great holiday, we had to cancel ours we were going to disney florida but am now going in a caravan for a few days instead !!!!   still i suppose a change is as good as a rest.  somehow i dont think a will be wearing a bikini.

jane
shopaholic uk
Helpful - 0
Hi Jane,

I COMPLETELY understand your pain/frustration with the bloating.  I too am going through the exact same thing....my pants no longer fit in the tummy and I've had to resort to borrowing clothes 3 sizes bigger than I normally wear - real attractive to wear to work considering the tummy is still tight, yet the legs are extremely baggy.

The swelling does not do much for your self esteem, but as long as it goes away after the surgery, I guess we just have to put up with it.  Thankfully my husband understands what I'm going through, I just hate being seen (by anyone) with such a large belly.  I've been asked numerous times if I was pregnant and when I was due.  Before all of this, I was a healthy size (not extremely skinny, but not overweight either) and always had a small waist & tummy...not anymore!

I really hope your appointment on Wednesday goes well and you will get a surgery date SOON!  I will be going on vacation starting Wednesday and will not be back in town until the 27th.  Please post whether or not you get a surgery date - I'll be thinking of you!
Bye for now!
Dana
Helpful - 0
I too feel your pain and pray for you both. I have always been small with a flat stomach and now look 5 months pregnant. I keep wondering if this means cancer or is it just a normal symptom?
Helpful - 0
I pray for you that you might not have cancer but usually Cirrhosis of the Liver or Cancer make you bloating, my mom is 65 with overian cancer and we had to take her to the hospital to have her belly drain twice already, first time she lloked more like a 10 month pregnant lady. God Bless and I hope you go to the hospital emergency soon for a professional opinion.

Dermoid cysts of the ovary are fairly common and most often affect young women around the age of 30. They are often discovered during a routine pelvic exam, as they generally cause no symptoms. Surgical removal is usually recommended and laparoscopic surgery is the preferred method, if the cyst is small. This procedure involves inserting a tiny scope into small cuts in the abdomen and filling the abdomen with air, which allows room to maneuver. The surgeon then dissects and removes the cyst. If the dermoid is especially large, the surgeon makes a bigger incision into the abdomen. Planned, rather than emergency, surgery can prevent complications, such as twisting of the cyst, lower abdominal pain, rupture of the cyst, and infection. The cyst is typically on the surface of the ovary or at the end of a pedicle or stalk, making its removal relatively simple. In reproductive age women, the goal of treatment is to preserve all or part of the ovary.

Depending on the position of the cyst within the ovary, it may be necessary to remove a portion of or the entire ovary. In this case, a woman may wonder about her fertility potential. If the remaining ovarian tissue is normal, a woman may still ovulate, menstruate, and conceive a pregnancy. Even if one ovary is completely removed, the other ovary is stimulated and continues to produce eggs, so that conception can occur.

Though extremely rare, 1 - 3 percent of dermoid cysts of the ovary become cancerous. Most of the cysts that undergo malignant degeneration occur in postmenopausal women. Prognosis depends on cancer cell type, stage of cancer, and success of the cancer treatment.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.