Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

are my insides being strangled !!!!!

I HAVE A 17.5 CM CYST AND TODAY HAVE HAD THE MOST SEVERE PAIN NOT IN MY STOMACH BUT AROUND MY BACK.  IT FEELS LIKE i AM BEEN STRANGLEDAROUND THE WAIST,  BUT HAVE NOTICED THIS IS ONLY AFTER EATING.  ANY IDEAS

MY DOCTOR THINKS IT MAY BE A SLIGHT BLEED (SPOKE TO HIM ON THE
PHONE)
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh my god why haven't they operated on you? 20 cm cysts? That can't be good.
Helpful - 0
I feel the same way, like my insides are being twisted and crunched and strangled.  

My cyst is 12 cm, or was 3 weeks ago. My pain over the last 2 days has gone from a 5 or 6 to a 9 on a 0-10 scale.  And my appetite?  Forget about it! I force myself to eat at least once a day just because I know I need nourishment and strength, but man is it uncomfortable. For the past couple of months I was peeing like a pregnant woman, every half hour, because the cyst is sitting on top of my bladder, but over the last couple of days I've peed maybe 4 times tops..TOTAL!

I had no idea that a cyst could make someone feel so much discomfort!  It makes me want to rip out my own innards!
Helpful - 0
When I had a 20cm cyst, I couldn't eat for a week because my intestines were near my left lung causing untreatable constipation.  luckily, because of the slight severity of my situation, I had surgery a week after my ultrasound.  If you have to wait a long time before a procedure, I suggest liquifying your diet as much as possible, because the tight feeling may be just because your cyst is taking up too much room!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.